Grover is the ultimate in single interest constituencies in Washington. He is not accountable to anybody. He does not disclose who funds him, who pays him to do what he does or how much he is paid to blackmail GOP Members of Congress to sign his pledge not to raise taxes.
Five members of the Illinois Congressional Delegation voted against the debt-ceiling authorization Monday – in some cases, for radically different reasons.
The deal to raise the debt ceiling is expected to have an impact on the financial health of U.S. states, including Illinois.
Republicans and Democrats in Washington remained far apart on a deal to increase the federal debt ceiling and Wall Street is really worried, chalking up the biggest losses in nearly a year.
U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) is predicting there will be no government default on its bill, and that the debt ceiling will be lifted in return for some cuts.
Ratings agency Moody’s believes if the U.S. eliminates the debt ceiling, it would reduce the uncertainty amongst bond holders.
More than 200,000 people across the country say they will not support President Barack Obama in his run for 2012 based on some of the proposals coming out of the debt ceiling talks.
Congress and President Barack Obama have three weeks before the nation’s debt limit must be raised, lest the country start to default on its obligations.
Congressional leaders are at an impasse over raising the country’s debt ceiling, so what happens if there isn’t a deal by the Aug. 2 deadline?
North suburban Republican Congressman Joe Walsh has a new YouTube video on his website – where he tells President Barack Obama to “quit lying” about the impact of not raising the national debt ceiling by Aug. 2.
If you don’t think the upcoming federal debt ceiling deadline will impact you, it might – if you’re expecting a check in the mail.
President Barack Obama and congressional leaders will sit down again this afternoon to try to reach an agreement on raising the debt ceiling. U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) is not letting their apparent impasse discourage him.
The threat to block an increase of the federal debt ceiling is probably no more than that, according to an economics professor at the University of Illinois.
U.S. Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) says there can be no doubt about the need to raise the debt ceiling so the country can continue paying its bills here, and overseas.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!