On Thursday, the entire Illinois congressional delegation and Gov. Quinn asked President Obama for federal flood-relief funds.
The American Red Cross has opened seven shelters to provide relief for nearly 200 people who were forced from their homes this week by flooding in Cook, DuPage, Lake, and DeKalb counties.
The designation will help speed and expand access to state emergency resources and allow the governor to pursue federal relief and support, a statement from the governor’s office said.
With a high-profile triple murder trial underway in DuPage County with a camera in the courtroom, Cook County’s chief judge was left wondering when Chicago would be able to follow suit within its own court system.
A vintage World War II fighter plane crashed in DeKalb County Tuesday afternoon. Police said the pilot was alert and talking to emergency workers.
Charles Ridulph thought his 7-year-old sister, Maria, was outside playing with a friend near their Sycamore home on Dec. 3, 1957.
The trial of a man accused in the 1957 kidnapping and slaying of a 7-year-old Illinois girl is expected to begin Monday.
Several accidents over the holiday weekend are being taken as more evidence of the dangers of using a cell phone while driving.
Five years now after the disappearance of a 26-year-old DeKalb County man – and almost two years since a court declared him dead – his mother says she is fighting to keep Social Security death benefits for her son’s young daughter.
The former cop charged with kidnapping and murdering a Sycamore girl in 1957 first will stand trial for raping another girl in the same town less than five years later, DeKalb County prosecutors said.
The man charged with kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Maria Ridulph more than 50 years ago made his first appearance in an Illinois courtroom on Thursday, a day after he was extradited from Seattle.
The DeKalb County Regional Superintendent of Schools admits it’s challenging not receiving a paycheck from the state, but says he’s holding out hope that Gov. Pat Quinn will put back the money he removed.
The Washington state man newly charged in the 1957 murder of a 7-year-old Sycamore girl is fighting extradition.
DeKalb County authorities are cracking down on “sugar daddy” dating, calling it prostitution over the Internet. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman talks with a woman who says the arrangements are legitimate.
The state’s attorneys of three counties have announced a joint effort to scrutinize the deaths of some elderly residents in the future – with the intention of putting a stop to elder abuse.
A frost advisory has been issued for northern Illinois, and officials are advising sensitive vegetation be covered early Wednesday.
Authorities say parts of a veterans memorial in rural DeKalb County
have been vandalized with some portions broken off and others tagged with graffiti.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!