The demand for W. Mitt Romney to release his tax returns has become bipartisan. Conservative elected officials and pundits know that Romney is taking on so much water over his secrecy and questions of his honesty and that he has no other choice.
Down to the trademark “W”, W. Mitt Romney is literally the second coming of the George W. Bush: the economic strategy that led to the worst American economy since the Great Depression and the Bush legacy of secrecy in the face of questions from the American public.
The Democrat trying to unseat U.S. Rep. Robert Dold (R-Ill.) says he has mixed feelings about the role SuperPACs may play in the race.
According to a report, Senate President John Cullerton discussed the idea of making Illinois an Internet gambling hub, suggesting the state could organize a major online poker game and gain worldwide popularity.
A Democratic-controlled remap of Illinois Congressional districts could spur a challenge to incumbent Jesse Jackson Jr. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley talks with his potential challenger.
As Wall Street stumbled after Standard and Poors downgraded the nation’s debt, Senator Dick Durbin was saying Democrats and Republicans are going to make some hard choices if they are to get this country’s finances under control.
A northwest suburban legislator wants the Metra board replaced. But the chairman of the commuter rail agency’s board said his criticisms are off-base.
Illinois Senate Democrats bowed to Republican pressure and are not yet calling for a vote on Gov. Pat Quinn’s plan to borrow money to pay pensions.
House GOP leaders sees Republican voters as more enthusiastic than Democrats this fall.
Former President Bill Clinton was in Chicago to attend a major Democratic rally.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!