In an odd turn of events, the Republicans in Tampa nominated real life versions of their cartoon versions of Kerry and Gore. Republicans thought John Kerry should be criticized for changing positions. But Kerry is not in the same league as Romney who ran as a pro-choice candidate and promised to do more for gay rights than Ted Kennedy.
Last night, Clint Eastwood produced the most bizarre and uncomfortable moments in modern convention history. If Mitt Romney cannot get his campaign right. If he cannot even get the things that he can control right, how can he make the case that he can run the country?
The whole concept of warring on women is totally sexist. The truth is that women are speaking for themselves, doing a damn good job of expressing their views quite clearly and eloquently, and they don’t need the media speaking for them – especially the male-intense media of 2012.
The 2012 general election is coming up in barely two months, and between now and then, you can expect to see and hear negative advertising featuring someone who’s in office for at least two more years.
Republicans are kept accountable for their own misspeaks and actions. Unlike the Democrats’ life jacket being tossed out to a sinking politician by the Party, when a Republican politician does the inexcusable, the Republican Party throws him an anchor – and that’s how it should be.
Gov. Pat Quinn made a last-ditch push for state lawmakers in Springfield to pass pension reform, but the effort failed Friday.
Yesterday the Obama administration put in place provisions of the DREAM Act that brought many young people out of the shadows to participate in the American Dream. On the same day a judge in Pennsylvania let stand what may be the most egregious attempt at voter suppression in a generation.
In an effort to distract voters from his tax records, W. Mitt Romney launched a four pronged push back yesterday. Romney’s problem: each move revealed more about the problems with his floundering campaign.
How dare Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate, spew his latest unsubstantiated rumors against Mitt Romney?
When Mitt is back home, will the offensive comments stop? Republicans can only hope so because this race is too important to be decided by “how much America likes one guy over another”. But such a factor could very well decide the outcome of this election.
Pennsylvania Republicans have betrayed their country and devised a scheme to potentially disqualify nearly one tenth of the states’ electorate.
My insurance company spent too little on actual health care delivery so my family is getting a refund. If Obamacare is a tax, it’s the greatest tax ever.
With all that is and should be important to Americans – just over a hundred days before we select our president – it is baffling as to why the media is so hell-bent on holding on to the Bain Capital story involving presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
Harry Reid got – as he often does – in calling Republican donors “angry old white men”. Imagine the reaction if House Speaker John Boehner were to say something such as: support or donations to Obama made by 17 angry black men.
Obama would serve the country better if he quit the name-calling, went back home, and actually accomplished something for this nation.
Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. owes his constituents a full explanation of why he hasn’t been on the job this summer.
Stricter governmental guidelines are needed for a person to receive a government paycheck. These guidelines need to involve stricter limits on what people can do with their free government paycheck. If something isn’t needed for survival, it should not be purchased with the American taxpayer’s dollars.
Attorney General Eric Holder continued to show contempt of Congress in his remarks following the House vote to hold him “in contempt” for refusing to hand over documents associated with the Fast and Furious operation.
President Obama won big this week with the Supreme Court decisions on Obamacare and immigration. While Mitt Romney and the Tea Party couldn’t have had a worse week.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survived a historic recall election on Tuesday, beating Democratic challenger and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in his bid to keep his job after his controversial fight with labor unions over collective bargaining rights.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!