Preservationists are trying to save a historic brewery complex on Elston Avenue from being torn down to make way for a big-box store parking lot.
You might not have known the name of the high-rise building that hangs over the main concourse of Union Station to begin with, but on Friday it is acquiring the name of its primary tenant, Fifth Third Bank.
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a civil rights lawsuit against the City of Joliet, alleging it is violating fair housing laws by moving to condemn a 1960s era federally-subsidized affordable housing development.
An unstable bridge, which has been the object of much debate, could get a reprieve in Northwest Indiana.
Demolition has begun on the last high-rise standing in the Cabrini-Green public housing development.
After 58 years, the once-sprawling Cabrini-Green housing complex finally closes its last high-rise today after the last tenant moved out today.
Chicago’s leading architecture critics are voicing disappointment at the city’s decision to demolish the 103-year-old main building at Michael Reese Hospital.
Going back on a promise to preservation groups, city officials announced Wednesday that the main hospital building at the former Michael Reese Hospital campus would be torn down by the end of the year.
Frances Funches was preparing to rehab her fire-damaged property in Austin, when the Chicago Building Department demolished it without notifying her.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!