Officials say a smoke detector was key in alerting residents to a fire in a single-family home Monday in north suburban Evanston.
Usually, when you see politicians gather for ribbon-cutting ceremonies at public projects, it’s to mark their completion or dedication. But Friday, Gov. Pat Quinn and others gathered in a park in west suburban Riverside, along the Des Plaines River, to celebrate the destruction of a dam.
A Winnetka village trustee was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after she was pulled over for a traffic stop in Skokie early this past Thursday morning.
Major repair work on CTA bridges is going to halt service on a stretch of the Purple Line in Evanston over the weekend.
It was a mess Thursday morning at a mattress store in Skokie, after a car plowed right into the middle of the showroom.
An LA Fitness health club in Morton Grove has been ordered shut down because of unsanitary conditions.
A Skokie two-flat that destroyed by an explosion and fire last month may have been set ablaze intentionally.
It may be a while before a landmark Skokie deli and bakery reopens after a devastating fire over the weekend.
A popular deli and bakery in north suburban Skokie has been shut down after a fire overnight.
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with shooting another teen inside a McDonald’s in Evanston last week.
A car and a school bus were involved in a crash Friday morning in northwest suburban Mount Prospect.
A man was apprehended by Chicago Police this morning, after leading a chase through several northern suburbs for about an hour before crashing in Rogers Park.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!