City Hall has unveiled plans to build a new arena for DePaul basketball at McCormick Place, as part of larger plans to upgrade the convention center and redesign much of Navy Pier.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Tuesday continued to duck reporters’ questions about the proposed sports and entertainment complex for McCormick Place.
DePaul University is about to sign a publicy-assisted deal to build a nearly $300 million basketball arena near McCormick Place, CBS 2 confirms.
DePaul basketball fans who were hoping to see their Blue Demons call the United Center home can forget it.
Scientists in the Chicago area said Friday the kind of tumultuous weather we’ve been having is just more evidence of global warming, and a reason to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
With the economy finally on the upswing, many in Chicago are reconsidering education.
The Chicagoland area is ripe with opportunity for professionals with business degrees.
A DePaul University Legal Analyst is giving Drew Peterson only a slim chance for reversal of his murder conviction.
The move would create the country’s largest airlines.
A new study by DePaul University advises at least $2 billion a year in spending is needed for the Chicago area’s mass transit system, to avoid a meltdown of the aging network.
Could the DePaul Blue Demons share the same court as the Chicago Bulls?
In Chicago basketball lore, there’s no bigger “What if?” tale than that of Ben Wilson’s. And when it comes to Illinois basketball lore, the exact same question applies.
DePaul University announced today athletics director Jean Lenti Ponsetto has signed a five-year contract extension that will run through the 2016-17 academic year.
Get ready to head indoors with your walking, running or biking fitness plan at the following indoor tracks in the Chicagoland area.
This week marks 30 years of the annual Banned Books Week, and multiple Chicago area libraries and educational institutions are holding readings and discussions.
Tourism officials are applauding the possibility of locating a new sports arena near McCormick Place.
On the heels of a report about a possible move to the United Center for DePaul Blue Demons basketball, another account indicates that the university is also weighing far more ambitious plans.
A published report says in the near future, the Bulls may not be the only basketball team using the United Center as its home base.
Will County prosecutors are now taking on two high-profile murder cases at the same time in the same courthouse.
A new report says many suburbs are transit-friendly – that is, hospitable for those who are not traveling with a car.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!