DePaul announced today it led the Big East Conference with five 2011-12 Team Academic Excellence Awards for having the highest collective grade-point averages in each conference sport.
Shekinna Stricklen scored 17 points, and Glory Johnson grabbed a season-high 21 rebounds to lead Pat Summitt and Tennessee past DePaul 63-48 Monday in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
The Blue Demons (12-18, 3-15 Big East) broke a nine-game losing streak and denied Seton Hall (19-11, 8-10) the No. 8 seed in the conference tournament.
D’Angelo Harrison scored 23 points and Amir Garrett added a season-high 18 to lead St. John’s to a 79-72 victory over DePaul on Monday night and a season sweep of the regular-season series.
CINCINNATI (AP) — Dion Dixon and Sean Kilpatrick each scored 16 points and Cashmere Wright scored all 11 of his in the second half to help Cincinnati pull away from DePaul for a 74-66 Big […]
Brandon Young scored 26 points, including a three-point play with 1.3 seconds left, as DePaul beat Pittsburgh 84-81 Thursday night.
The Blue Demons have come a long way since Oliver Purnell took over as head coach before last season. It’s just that they’re not yet ready to challenge teams like top-ranked Syracuse.
The Blue Demons (8-3) used a 22-5 run late in the first half to take a 48-28 advantage at the break and led by 27 points in the second half.
DePaul started fast, then survived a second-half slump on the way to a 69-58 nonconference victory over Loyola on Wednesday night.
Kaylon Williams scored 21 points and Wisconsin-Milwaukee got off to a fast start on the way to an 87-76 victory over DePaul on Monday night.
Murphy Holloway scored off a timely steal with 3.7 seconds remaining to lift Mississippi to a 70-68 victory over DePaul in a Big East-SEC Challenge contest on Thursday night.
DePaul University says an alumnus and his wife have donated $10 milllion from their estate to the university — the largest single gift in the school’s 113-year history.
CHICAGO (AP) — Jeremiah Kelly hit six 3-pointers and scored a game-high 24 points to lead DePaul to an 80-70 victory over Mississippi Valley State on Monday. Kelly hit five 3-pointers during a 3:30 span […]
Narcisco Gatica gunned down Francisco Valencia, 21, and injured Valencia’s friend after he and others were asked to leave a Halloween party two years ago.
On Thursday, DePaul announced their home and away opponents for the 2011-12 Big East schedule.
According to a report by Scout.com, DePaul Blue Demon forwards Devin Hill and Eric Wallace have been given their official releases to transfer.
As recent college graduates continue to look for work amid the worst economic downturn in decades, there is some encouraging news among the grim unemployment numbers.
A self-admitted Maniac Latin Disciple was sentenced to 70 years in prison Thursday for murdering DePaul University student Francisco “Frankie” Valencia outside a Halloween party nearly two years ago.
The DePaul Blue Demons will take on the Mississippi Rebels at Allstate Arena on December 1, as part of the Big East/SEC Challenge, the university announced on Thursday.
Over the summer, the DePaul men’s basketball team will head to France for a 10-day excursion titled “In the Footsteps of St. Vincent.” The trip will last from Aug. 11-21 with stops for the team and fans in Paris, Toulouse and Nice.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!