Dr. David Tolin from the Institute of Living dispels some common myths about mental illness.
What should you do if you suspect your teenager might be thinking about suicide? One Lake Forest mother ended up doing the right thing and her daughter is alive and happy now.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) has been released from the Mayo Clinic.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is in a “deep” depression and has “a lot of work” ahead of him on the road to recovery, former Rhode Island U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy says.
The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota has provided a new update on their treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL), revealing the congressman is being treated for bipolar disorder.
Several experts in psychiatry tell the Associated Press that a complicating physical illness may have arisen during the treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. for depression. But the congressman’s father, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, won’t confirm it.
A Chicago neuroscientist says she has developed the first blood test to diagnose depression in teenagers.
The attorney for Marilyn Lemak believes the convicted child murderer is upset about a story and interview that ran in the Chicago Tribune last Sunday.
Researchers at Northwestern University are developing a smart phone that can sense whether you’re falling victim to depression.
Some patients say electro-therapy devices are helping them come back from depression or calming their anxieties. But some doctors aren’t convinced the machines really work. CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist reports.
The song “Jessie’s Girl” made him a household name but rocker Rick Springfield says behind the success was a life long battle with depression.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!