The Red Line and Brown Line resumed service on Thursday afternoon after a train car derailed on the North Side, creating a commuter nightmare for riders trying to get downtown.
Two CTA employees were injured when an Orange Line train derailed in a train yard near Midway Airport early today.
Normal service resumed on the Red Line Monday morning after an eight-car train derailed Sunday afternoon on the North Side, authorities said.
The Chicago Transit Authority expected to have full service on the Red Line Monday morning after an eight-car train derailed Sunday afternoon on the North Side.
An Amtrak passenger train that left the tracks near Niles, Mich., Sunday was reportedly switched to the wrong track.
A new railroad bridge will be built at the site of a deadly train derailment and viaduct collapse in the northern suburbs on July 4.
The employee, who was checking the tracks, alerted a manager that day, but the fatal pileup occurred before that supervisor could arrive, CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reports.
The public will get a chance to meet Monday evening with railroad executives and federal investigators, about the deadly 4th of July derailment and bridge collapse on the Glenview-Northbrook border.
The family of a Glenview couple killed in a train derailment and bridge collapse has filed a wrongful death suit against Union Pacific Railroad over the incident, and a judge has ordered cleanup of the wreck halted to preserve evidence in the case.
Railroad workers have a big job ahead of them after several cars of a freight train hauling coal derailed near the border between north suburban Glenview and Northbrook Wednesday, and a rail bridge collapsed during the wreck.
The CTA is investigating the derailment of a train chartered by a group of railroad enthusiasts Sunday.
CTA Orange Line and Green Line trains have been delayed in the South Loop after a train derailed just south of the Roosevelt station.
A freight train derailment in Indiana caused some travel trouble for people headed to Chicago on Tuesday.
Red Line CTA trains were severely disrupted Thursday morning after a derailment and small fire in the Red Line near the Roosevelt stop.
An Amtrak train heading to Chicago hit a truck and derailed Wednesday morning in southeast Michigan.
The Metra Union Pacific North Line ran into some serious snags Friday morning, after some equipment derailed at a train yard in Waukegan.
A freight train derailment has shut down a busy intersection on the Southwest Side.
Metra commuters can expect more delays during their morning commute Friday, a day after the fiery freight train derailment that halted the Milwaukee District-West line near Bartlett.
Twenty-two freight train cars jumped the tracks and three burst into flames Thursday morning in the west suburbs, causing Metra service disruptions that were expected to drag into into Friday.
Minor delays were expected on the CTA Red Line Thursday morning, after maintenance equipment derailed on the Dan Ryan branch.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!