CBS 2 traffic reporter Derrick Young takes a look at a few of the biggest projects that will affect your commute.
Multiple injuries were reported early Thursday in a three-car accident on North Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
They’re calling “Call Me Maybe” the song of summer 2012, and Carly Rae Jepsen, the 26-year-old Canadian recording artist behind the song, has become an international superstar. She joined Vince Gerasole this morning to talk, and sing, about it.
Some lanes were still closed as late as the midday hours, following an overnight crash that left a truck driver with life-threatening injuries, and shut down the eastbound Borman Expressway in Northwest Indiana.
An extra-alarm fire shut down a busy road in Riverwoods early Tuesday.
A busy intersection in Batavia was shut down Friday morning, after a crash that left some people injured.
A new interactive Web site is the big idea of a Chicago man who really knows entertainment.
An overturned semi-trailer truck shut down Interstate 65 in Northwest Indiana early Friday.
Just as the morning rush began, all but one lane was blocked at the north end of northbound Lake Shore Drive following an accident.
Four thousand climbers took part in the 15th annual Hustle up the Hancock at the John Hancock Center Sunday.
It’s time once again for people all across the Chicago area to help raise money for childhood cancer research by shaving their heads for St. Baldrick’s.
In a headline that is becoming all too familiar, three people are hurt – one critically – after a wrong-way driver slammed into multiple vehicles, this time on Lake Shore Drive.
It’s almost time for the Hustle up the Hancock, and this year, the Respiratory Health Association hopes to raise more than $1 million for local lung disease research and programs.
It came two and a half weeks later than average, but on Friday morning the inevitable happened.
The Racine Avenue off-ramp on the inbound Eisenhower Expressway was blocked early Thursday, after a delivery van driver slammed into a tree.
As many as 2,000 people will experience homelessness for one night in the western suburbs, in an effort to draw attention and raise funds for homeless families.
A multi-vehicle crash tied up traffic for miles on the outbound Kennedy Expressway as the morning rush began Thursday.
As investigators try to get to the bottom of a deadly weekend accident on the Bishop Ford Freeway, one major question remains.
A woman, her son and another man were killed Sunday morning when their car was rear-ended by an SUV while they were stopped in the center lane of the Bishop Ford Freeway.
Gardening isn’t only about what you plant. As some neighbors in Englewood are showing us, it’s also about friendship and dedication to your neighborhood.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!