The Philadelphia Eagles placed the franchise tag on Jackson on Thursday, assuring the two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver at least $9.4 million next season if he signs the tender.
With a projected $25 million in cap space, the Bears will have plenty of money to upgrade at key positions — like wide receiver.
The 2012 free-agent class of wide receiver is about as deep as it gets. New general manager Phil Emery will have his work cut out for him once free agency begins March 13.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk joined The McNeil and Speigel Show today to break down the NFL.
The Bears aren’t who I thought they were. I drastically underestimated both coaches and players. I feel shame.
The Bears mixed coverages and looks to confuse Michael Vick, but the biggest change was how physical the cornerbacks were allowed to be.
Leading charge for the Eagles is the versatile Michael Vick, who’s legs are just as much a threat as his arms. Add to that mix an explosive group of wide receivers and a running back rushing for over five yards per carry, and the Bears have a tantalizing challenge.
Another big game for the Bears as they travel to take on Philadelphia tonight. If the Bears can find a way to win, they put themselves in a great spot to continue the playoff race. A loss with a rested Detroit coming in next week makes things more difficult. Here are the matchups I’m looking at:
Concussions, injuries and illegal hits seemed to be the focus during this NFL season. Penalties for unnecessary roughness rose from 2009 to 2010 as a result. With the NFL playoffs kicking off Saturday, these kinds of calls will be put to the test throughout the postseason.
As the Bears head into a bye week, we couldn’t help but share with you some amusing quotes from the NFL season. Who said he was the best but didn’t want to say it? What did the Cowboys’ adviser have to say about the team’s $54,896 dinner? How did Jay Cutler feel about throwing four picks to DeAngelo Hall?
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!