Brett Anderson outdueled fellow playoff first-timer Anibal Sanchez and received stellar defense all over the diamond, and the upstart Oakland Athletics avoided another playoff sweep by Detroit, beating the Tigers 2-0 Tuesday night in their AL division series.
Assuming the Bears are not involved, I choose October baseball over October football every time. It’s about games of consequence.
September has been spent in the pit of despair for every aspect of White Sox baseball. Players, coaches and fans have searched for answers in the midst of dispiriting decay.
Prince Fielder hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning to lift Detroit to a 2-1 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Sunday.
Barring some miraculous turn of events this weekend, these are our final chances to reflect on the improbable 2012 White Sox.
Doug Fister set an AL record by striking out nine straight batters and the Detroit Tigers kept their lead in the Central, beating the Kansas City Royals 5-4 Thursday on Alex Avila’s grounder in the ninth inning.
As Don Cooper will admit, before this season began, the White Sox were expected to be a train wreck.
During Wednesday night’s White Sox-Indians game, Indian radio broadcaster Tom Hamilton rips Sox fans for not showing up to support their team.
Most of the 32,360 fans at Comerica Park groaned when Jhonny Peralta hit a tailor-made double-play grounder that looked set to end the eighth inning. Andy Dirks made them cheer.
Anibal Sanchez threw his first shutout in over a year, and the Detroit Tigers moved into a tie for first in the AL Central with a 2-0 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday night.
For the first time in more than three weeks, the Chicago White Sox have company atop the AL Central.
Adam Dunn homered twice, including a clutch three-run shot in the eighth inning, and the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 5-4 on Monday night to maintain their one-game lead in the AL Central.
White Sox fandom’s feeling of impending doom isn’t based on much proof this season. I don’t share it, but of late it’s getting hard to shout down.
Joe Mauer drove in four runs and the Minnesota Twins rallied against Max Scherzer, handing the contending Detroit Tigers a 10-4 loss Sunday in the opener of a day-night doubleheader.
Miguel Cabrera moved one step closer toward doing something no one has done in 45 years while helping the Detroit Tigers keep their hopes high in the AL Central race.
Seth Smith homered, doubled and drove in four runs, and the Oakland Athletics avoided a three-game sweep by beating the Detroit Tigers 12-4 Thursday in a matchup of AL playoff contenders.
Max Scherzer left his start Tuesday night after only two innings because of a fatigued right shoulder, a potentially damaging blow to the Detroit Tigers as they try to catch the Chicago White Sox for the AL Central title.
Miguel Cabrera homered twice, including an eighth-inning grand slam, and the Detroit Tigers had no trouble overcoming an early injury to right-hander Max Scherzer in a 12-2 rout of the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday night.
What a weird, enormous win for the first-place White Sox on Monday.
Omar Infante’s throwing error on a potential double play helped Chicago scored two runs in the fifth inning Monday and the White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 5-4 in a pivotal makeup game.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!