A travel writer raised eyebrows in Chicago this week by calling the city one of the world’s most overrated tourist destinations.
CHICAGO (AP) — Doug Anderson had 22 points and nine rebounds Saturday and Detroit finished its Horizon League regular season with a 79-67 victory over Illinois-Chicago. Ray McCallum scored 20 points and Jason Calliste contributed […]
Jason Calliste’s layup as time expired gave Detroit a 76-75 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Tuesday night.
Ray McCallum had 25 points and seven rebounds and Detroit built a 39-point halftime lead on the way to a 98-47 win over Illinois-Chicago Saturday night.
On the mound and in the clubhouse, Justin Verlander made sure Detroit’s postseason party wasn’t over yet.
Dan Haren earned his first win at home in more than a month, Mark Trumbo capped a four-run first inning with a two-run single and the Los Angeles Angels beat the White Sox 4-2 on Saturday night, trimming Chicago’s AL Central lead to a half-game over Detroit.
The makeup game will be played Monday at 1:10 p.m. Game tickets and parking coupons for tonight’s postponed contest will be honored then.
Romney negotiated a $10 million federal bailout for his company, but has called for foreclosures to be allowed to “hit bottom” and letting Detroit go bankrupt.
A Detroit area pizza chain is honoring each of the five Great Lakes in pizza form – and their efforts will benefit a Chicago-based environmental group.
The fourth-seeded Predators capped a season in which they finished ahead of their Central Division rival for the first time by beating the Red Wings for the first time in their third playoff series.
It just wouldn’t be February without Forbes Magazine yet again slapping Chicago with the distinction of a place on the Most Miserable Cities list.
The Flames have lost 24 straight on the road in the Horizon League since 2009.
Gary Talton scored a career-high 21 points, including all eight of his team’s points during a seven-minute stretch of the second half, to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 63-59 victory Thursday over Detroit.
Four Notre Dame players scored in double figures as the Irish (2-0) picked up a hard-fought 59-53 victory over Detroit Monday night in South Bend.
Two men have been charged with forcing their way into an apartment in the southwest corner of the Lincoln Park neighborhood, and robbing them.
One of the remaining artifacts from Chicago’s 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition was destroyed by fire in Detroit over the weekend.
Edwin Jackson pitched his first complete game since his no-hitter last year, and Juan Pierre added four hits to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 5-0 win over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday.
After focusing on building a high-speed rail corridor between Chicago and St. Louis, the federal government is about to award money for a high-speed corridor to the east.
Marian Hossa scored on a power play 51 seconds into overtime, lifting the Chicago Blackhawks to a 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night.
A judge ordered a funeral home to pay more than $200,000 to a Detroit man who says he has waited more than a year but has still not received his father’s cremated remains.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!