A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Bears wide receiver Devin Hester’s cousin, who is wanted for murder in Broward County, Fla.
The Bears were back at it Wednesday in the middle of their second week of OTAs. Here are some thoughts and observations straight from my notebook.
For years, we’ve been hearing about the Bears developing creative ways to get Devin Hester the ball within the offense.
Maybe this is why Devin Hester wears No. 23.
This does not seem like the kind of move you want to define your run as the team’s general manager.
Two Chicago sports figures cracked the top 10 — Chairman of the Blackhawks, Rocky Wirtz at No. 5, and Bulls point guard Derrick Rose at No. 7.
With the ink still wet on his new, two-year contract with the Bears signed Tuesday, special teams coordinator Dave Toub joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to discuss the state of the Bears.
Toub interviewed for the head coaching job with the Miami Dolphins, but will stay with the Bears instead. His contract with the Bears expired at the end of the season.
There’s no use looking back now. The 2011 season is over and it’ time to start preparing for the future.
Bears wide receiver Devin Hester is active despite tweaking an ankle injury this week and missing Friday’s practice.
So, that happened. With the Bears leading 10-0 with 4:34 to play and 63 yards of (somewhat) green grass in front of Tim Tebow and the Broncos offense, the “Almighty One” found his magic and wound up a 13-10 overtime winner against the Bears.
The Bears blew a 10-0 lead in the fourth quarter Sunday, and ended up losing to Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos 13-10 in overtime.
A week ago, it was understandable to remain optimistic about the Bears chances going forward, despite obvious issues. This week, it’s impossible.
The man accused of slapping the back of Devin Hester’s head at a Des Plaines casino in October pleaded guilty Thursday and avoided jail time.
By Laurence Holmes- (WSCR) This week starts a strange stretch of games for the Bears. In the next four weeks, they will play every team in the AFC West. It leaves the Bears with some opportunities […]
Before Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford threw four interceptions to the Bears defense on Sunday, he had thrown just four picks on the entire season.
Devin Hester picked up his third NFC Special Teams Player of the Week honor of the season Wednesday after recording 122 punt return yards on three returns and an 82-yard punt return touchdown Sunday against the Lions.
This week’s game ball for the Bears 37-13 win over the Lions goes to Julius Peppers and Charles Tillman.
Bears Coach Lovie Smith said Monday morning that the Detroit Lions’ Matthew Stafford should have been ejected along with D.J. Moore during a rough play, but the real story is the Bears’ strong playing that led to victory.
I want to care only that the Bears dismantled and humiliated Detroit, ran their record to 6-3, and established themselves as something more than a fringe postseason contender. But I have been seeing football more through a cloud of anger, revulsion and sadness.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!