Members of the Guardian Angels crime-fighting patrol passed out leaflets in search of the man who sexually assaulted and robbed a woman waiting for a bus.
A father of three who worked at the Cook County Clerk’s office was killed Monday night, when he and his brother-in-law were struck by a hit-and-run driver in the West Rogers Park neighborhood.
Three people were taken to an area hospital in critical condition after crash sent a minivan into a house in the Sauganash neighborhood.
Illinois State Police are teaming up with Skokie and Lincolnwood police to try to catch “rogue riders” – people who recklessly drive racing motorcycles on the Edens Expressway.
An 81-year-old woman was killed Thursday evening when a sport-utility vehicle struck her as she crossed busy Devon Avenue in West Rogers Park.
Robbing the store wasn’t enough; a Chicago man is accused of ripping a necklace off the neck of a 4-year-old girl at a West Rogers Park jewelry store. As CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports, the jewelry store owner shot the robber to protect his wife and two young grandchildren.
A new restaurant opened recently in a long-vacant space that once housed the popular Gandhi India on Devon Avenue. But in St. Charles, a famed steakhouse has gone dark after 38 years.
In Des Plaines, flooding issues have pit suburban business owners against the municipal government.
The State of Illinois is hoping to hit the jackpot with the area’s newest casino in Des Plaines.
Share the flavors, sights and sounds of India with your children on Chicago’s Devon Avenue (Devon Avenue, west of Western Avenue ). This seven block track of the city is brimming with Indian-American boutiques, restaurants, cafes, bakeries and bookstores.
Residents of the West Rogers Park neighborhood honored Mayor Richard M. Daley today, as the mayor called the area “a ward that truly represents the entire city as a city of immigrants.”
A person was critically injured in a Friday morning crash in the Northwest Side’s Norwood Park neighborhoood.
Free parking on a block-long stretch of Touhy is now history. Local store owner says the new pay parking is driving customers away.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!