At last report from his attorneys, Blagojevich was about to begin working in the prison library last November, after starting out washing dishes like any other new inmate.
Tourism officials are keeping an eye on the headlines but say the city’s homicide rate doesn’t seem to be keeping visitors away.
With both sides in the Chicago teachers’ strike optimistic a deal to end the walkout could be done by the end of the day, one Chicago political analyst said the Chicago Teachers Union could come out a big winner, and not just in terms of the contract they’re likely to get.
A former Chicago alderman turned political science professor has found the Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country.
Observers say the stiff sentence given to disgraced ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday was warranted, but some doubted whether it will deter corrupt office-holders.
Rev. and State Sen. James Meeks (D-Chicago) is the latest in a line of Chicago area lawmakers who have decided not to seek re-election.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle will hold an online town hall meeting on Tuesday evening to discuss county business and the coming budget.
Chicagoans aren’t just voting for a new mayor. Many of them will be selecting new aldermen on Tuesday.
Looking back as new board president to be sworn in: John Stroger replaced old County Hospital, Todd put through tax hike to keep county afloat.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!