A Chicago firefighter suffered a heart attack and died late Sunday after he returned to quarters after helping to put out a small fire in the South Side Beverly neighborhood.
An 11-year-old boy died Monday, five days after he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle a block away from his Northwest Side home.
Famed Chicago attorney Philip Corboy has died at the age of 87.
Author and Waukegan native Ray Bradbury has died at the age of 91.
Investigators in Aurora are awaiting autopsy results on a suspect who died after being tasered by police last night.
An icon in the candy industry will be laid to rest today–after a funeral Mass at Holy Family Church on Chicago’s Near West Side
Jay Miller, who served more than 40 years in the leadership of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, has died at the age of 83.
A former Harwood Heights mayor died early Sunday from head injuries suffered after a fall down the basement stairs in his home.
Early results show a nine-day-old baby gorilla at Lincoln Park Zoo died overnight from head trauma.
Maggie Daley, the wife of former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley and a gracious promoter of the city’s cultural and educational programs, has died. She was 68.
An 83-year-old South Side woman died Thursday, nearly a week after she was struck by a vehicle while crossing the street near her home.
A student from the University of Illinois Chicago has died, after he was found unresponsive in his dorm room on campus.
A northwest suburban man died Thursday after he collapsed during an organized running event in downtown’s Grant Park.
The arts and alternative media communities are remembering Chicago Reader and Time Out Chicago writer Cliff Doerksen, who died last week at the age of 47.
A California man found unresponsive on a Turkish Airlines flight died shortly after arriving at O’Hare International Airport.
Legendary Cubs third baseman and broadcaster Ron Santo has died. He was 70.
A 57-year-old jewelry supply business owner has died nearly a week after being bound with tape and savagely beaten in a Northwest Side home invasion.
Witnesses told police a bicyclist weaved directly in front of the semi that struck him.
A 23-year-old airman from suburban Chicago has been killed while serving in Afghanistan.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!