Dirk Nowitzki hit a 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds left and the Dallas Mavericks rallied to beat the Chicago Bulls 100-98 on Saturday.
Outspoken NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley was caught on camera talking about how badly he wanted Dirk Nowitzki to go to Auburn and how $200,000 for Cam Newton was a “good investment.”
Oklahoma City rallied in the fourth quarter for a 103-97 victory Saturday night to sweep the defending NBA champion Mavericks during the first round of the playoffs.
The Dallas Mavericks didn’t even get to enjoy their first NBA title for an entire year.
Kevin Durant finally found his postseason shooting touch, and the Thunder never trailed on the way to a 95-79 victory over the Mavericks on Thursday night.
Russell Westbrook scored 29 points, Kevin Durant added 26 in an off-shooting performance and the Oklahoma City Thunder clawed out a 102-99 victory over defending champion Dallas on Monday night to take a 2-0 lead in the first-round playoff series.
Kevin Durant was determined to not let the Oklahoma City Thunder lose another playoff game at home to Dallas.
Some players get named to the All-Star roster based on name recognition alone, while others—even when they are putting up “career numbers”—won’t even sniff the game.
Instead of getting excited to watch the defending league MVP Derrick Rose and his Bulls comrades begin their march towards redemption, I was stuck moping around my apartment while my wife watched re-runs of Sex and the City and whatever “breaking news” in the ever-important Kris Humphries Kim Kardashian divorce “saga” was becoming public knowledge.
Dear David Stern, Billy Hunter, various grim-faced lawyers, union representatives, hired-gun economists, and rank-and-file ballers: don’t take this season from Derrick Rose.
An expected crowd of 250,000 crammed downtown Thursday morning for a parade in the team’s honor, with another 20,000 or so filling the arena.
In addition to being awarded the Larry O’Brien Trophy as NBA Champions, the Dallas Mavericks were given another honor following their 105-95 Game 6 win over the Miami Heat, they’ve been named Honorary Ohioans.
As Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade traded big shots in a thrilling NBA finals, with fans tuning in at levels the league hadn’t seen since the days of the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, the questions came more frequently.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks are NBA champions, and they went through LeBron James for that long-awaited first title.
Ever since the Miami Heat eliminated the Chicago Bulls in that joke of a series known as the Eastern Conference finals last month, I felt like I could literally get sick at the thought of the Miami Heat hoisting up the Larry O’ Brien Trophy.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks finally have the lead in these ultra-close NBA finals, and now it really is “now or never” for LeBron James and the Miami Heat.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks have pulled off another stunning comeback, tying the NBA finals at two games each.
There is a reason we love sports. The drama, the athleticism, the unpredictability. But every so often we get a chance to watch a truly loathsome team lose a game they never should have and no matter the victor, we all enjoy the spoils.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks put a stunning end to their misery in Miami.
LeBron James scored 24 points, Wade added 22 points and 10 rebounds and the Heat beat the Dallas Mavericks 92-84 in Game 1 of the title series on Tuesday night.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!