The 14-year-old girl was walking on Skidmore Drive in Antioch Thursday when a man pulled up beside her in a station wagon and asked if she needed a ride. When the girl declined, the man said, “Come on, you’re so beautiful, let me drive you home,” and she declined again. The man said, “Get in the car,” and the girl ran away and he drove off.
A felony arrest warrant has been issued for a Chicago man accused of threatening a state representative over her controversial comments about same-sex marriages.
An Oswego police officer has been suspended after walking into a southwest suburban pizzeria with a gun, and yelling at employees while off duty.
Police rushed to a Chatham neighborhood daycare center around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, after 25-year-old Jeanette Holt called 911 to report her 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo had been stolen with her 1-year-old son inside.
Two teenagers have been charged in connection with a melee in the stands of a football game between Simeon and Morgan Park high schools on Friday.
A 47-year-old west suburban woman was given probation Monday for falsely reporting a sexual assaulted while walking home from a train last November.
Three Elgin teenagers have court dates, after being arrested for doing something that could have cost them their lives.
Two Oswego teenagers are facing multiple felony charges for pulling the fire alarm at west suburban Oswego High School, police said.
Rodney T. Peterson of Arlington Heights was sentenced to two years’ supervision, ordered to pay a $400 fine and prohibited from contacting the two girls or their families, Barrington police said in a news release.
A Chicago Police officer falsely reported a raucous bar fight so he could avoid a possible DUI arrest in northwest suburban Niles, Cook County prosecutors said Wednesday.
A North Side man arrested last month for illegally surfing off Oak Street Beach will have the charges against him dropped if he completes 20 hours of community service.
A southwest suburban man who wanted to get money from his family staged his own kidnapping to demand $1,000 in ransom, according to police who later arrested him.
Police in Sandwich, Ill., arrested a middle-aged man in a Subway sandwich shop in broad daylight over the weekend, after they found him standing in his boxers as he made inappropriate calls to 911.
A former CTA bus driver was acquitted Tuesday on charges that he lied about being beaten up by an off-duty Chicago Police sergeant.
A Batavia woman who prompted a frantic search when it was believed she fell into the water and went missing was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct because she was “hiding’’ while multiple fire and police emergency crews were looking for her Saturday night on the North Side, police said.
An 18-year-old Lincoln Park resident accused of causing an evacuation at Millennium Park Saturday evening told WBBM Newsradio 780 that he was taking part in a “costume play” and that it was all a misunderstanding.
Former Chicago Bears running back Garrett Wolfe was arrested early Sunday in Miami.
A 32-year-old southwest suburban man is facing a felony charge after allegedly paying a man and woman to have sex with him, then telling police and his wife he’d been kidnapped.
Police were called to a northwest suburban McDonald’s when a man refused to pay for extra barbecue sauce.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!