The tour bus was traveling east on Division when the driver crossed into the westbound lanes, and hit an SUV head on.
The vehicle, described as a 2010-13 black or dark-colored 4-door Hyundai Sonata, was westbound on Division when it struck the 40-year-old pedestrian.
An elderly northwest suburban woman died Sunday following a car accident last week that left her critically injured.
A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
A 16-year-old girl died on Saturday following a traffic crash in southwest suburban Lockport.
Chicago Police Officer Joe Deferville had just pulled a guy over for driving backward down Division Street on Monday evening when another motorist drove by and said, “Officer, the building back there’s on fire.”
Police have run into a snag in their investigation into an early-morning accident Saturday that killed one man and injured his brother.
Chicago police are looking for the driver of a car who hit an elderly woman on the city’s West side and kept going.
A Belmont-Cragin neighborhood man was ordered held on $100,000 bond Monday for allegedly injuring four men — including a Chicago Police officer — in a pair of early Sunday stabbings in the Gold Coast.
Two men were stabbed and another was battered early Sunday on Division near State, outside a stretch of popular bars on the Near North Side.
Driving a car that was missing a tire might seem to defy common sense, but someone was doing just that in the Wicker Park neighborhood overnight – and police say it caused a nasty accident.
Two men were shot and killed early Tuesday on the city’s West Side — one of whom was reportedly visiting from Atlanta for his grandfather’s funeral.
A 15-year-old boy is in the hospital after he was shot during a fight on the city’s Near North Side Monday night.
The Better Government Association is urging the appointment of a special prosecutor to reinvestigate the case of David Koschman, who died after being punched by a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
New court papers suggest Chicago Police may have left out key information in a report about an incident involving a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley in which another man died after being punched.
A car slammed into a fire squad company on the city’s West Side, as the company raced to the scene of a fire 2 1/2 miles away.
The family of a Mount Prospect man who died eight years ago after a confrontation with Mayor Richard M. Daley’s nephew has scored a legal victory.
The outbound Kennedy Expressway was shut down at Division Street early Wednesday, following a pin-in accident involving a wrong-way driver.
The Chicago Transit Authority took the opportunity of a quiet Presidents’ Day to toot its own horn about savings to come in a massive warehouse.
A Wicker Park neighborhood woman is speaking out after becoming one of several women who’ve been mugged on the Northwest Side lately.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!