The tour bus was traveling east on Division when the driver crossed into the westbound lanes, and hit an SUV head on.
The vehicle, described as a 2010-13 black or dark-colored 4-door Hyundai Sonata, was westbound on Division when it struck the 40-year-old pedestrian.
An elderly northwest suburban woman died Sunday following a car accident last week that left her critically injured.
A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
A 16-year-old girl died on Saturday following a traffic crash in southwest suburban Lockport.
Chicago Police Officer Joe Deferville had just pulled a guy over for driving backward down Division Street on Monday evening when another motorist drove by and said, “Officer, the building back there’s on fire.”
Police have run into a snag in their investigation into an early-morning accident Saturday that killed one man and injured his brother.
Chicago police are looking for the driver of a car who hit an elderly woman on the city’s West side and kept going.
A Belmont-Cragin neighborhood man was ordered held on $100,000 bond Monday for allegedly injuring four men — including a Chicago Police officer — in a pair of early Sunday stabbings in the Gold Coast.
Two men were stabbed and another was battered early Sunday on Division near State, outside a stretch of popular bars on the Near North Side.
Driving a car that was missing a tire might seem to defy common sense, but someone was doing just that in the Wicker Park neighborhood overnight – and police say it caused a nasty accident.
Two men were shot and killed early Tuesday on the city’s West Side — one of whom was reportedly visiting from Atlanta for his grandfather’s funeral.
A 15-year-old boy is in the hospital after he was shot during a fight on the city’s Near North Side Monday night.
The Better Government Association is urging the appointment of a special prosecutor to reinvestigate the case of David Koschman, who died after being punched by a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
New court papers suggest Chicago Police may have left out key information in a report about an incident involving a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley in which another man died after being punched.
A car slammed into a fire squad company on the city’s West Side, as the company raced to the scene of a fire 2 1/2 miles away.
The family of a Mount Prospect man who died eight years ago after a confrontation with Mayor Richard M. Daley’s nephew has scored a legal victory.
The outbound Kennedy Expressway was shut down at Division Street early Wednesday, following a pin-in accident involving a wrong-way driver.
The Chicago Transit Authority took the opportunity of a quiet Presidents’ Day to toot its own horn about savings to come in a massive warehouse.
A Wicker Park neighborhood woman is speaking out after becoming one of several women who’ve been mugged on the Northwest Side lately.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 3 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 3 hours ago