Investigators say a DNA indexing system led them to the man accused of a sexual assault on Chicago’s north side.
Michael A. Escort, 52, was charged with one count of first-degree murder.
For decades, Sherry Marino doubted that her son was one of serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s victims — and on Thursday, DNA tests confirmed the remains she received were not her son, her lawyers told the Chicago Sun-Times.
Joliet police say DNA evidence finally caught up to a man who sexually assaulted a toddler six years ago.
Marcus Lyons was 29 years old and in the U.S. Navy Reserves and about to get his computer science degree when he was arrested.
Investigators hope to learn in the next couple of weeks whether any more unknown victims of John Gacy have been identified.
DNA evidence led to charges against a Chicago woman accused of kidnapping a 50-year-old woman, beating her and leaving her with a broken nose last year in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood, police said.
The team that secured Juan Rivera’s exoneration in the Holly Staker murder case is now offering to help Waukegan Police find the girl’s real killer after 20 years.
He was sentenced to life in prison for a horrifying crime he claimed he never committed. Now, Juan Rivera could go free. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
One of the unknown victims of John Wayne Gacy has been identified, more than 30 years after his death at the hands of one of the nation’s most notorious serial killers.
Michael Saunders and Harold Richardson left Cook County jail after being released on bond by a judge. The men had been convicted for the 1994 murder of 30-year-old Nina Glover on Chicago’s South Side.
James Harden walked out of Menard Correctional Center Friday afternoon, carrying all of his worldly possessions in a cardboard box.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart could know this week whether one or more of John Wayne Gacy’s eight previously unidentified victims has now been tentatively identified.
In the first 24 hours of the latest attempt to identify the eight unidentified victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart says authorities have received a flood of calls.
A Wisconsin man has been charged in the 1991 stabbing death of a 16-year-old Chicago girl, after authorities linked his DNA to the crime.
A suspected killer dubbed “the Hollywood Ripper” has been charged in the 1993 stabbing death of a teenage girl from the northern suburbs.
The family of a Chicago woman missing since January 2010 has received some bad news: Her body had been in the Cook County morgue for several months.
The attorney for Tylenol killer suspect James Lewis tells Newsradio 780 it is significant that the FBI is now going after someone else–namely, the Unabomber– to see if he can also be linked to the 1982 Tylenol murders that left seven dead.
Authorities are seeking DNA samples from Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, in connection with the nearly 30-year-old cold case in which seven people died from poisoned Tylenol capsules in Chicago.
A 44-year-old Chicago man was ordered held on $500,000 bond after being charged with raping two teenage girls after DNA evidence tied him to the attacks, spanning from 1996 to this past spring.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.81
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!