Volunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.
A northwest suburban man allegedly stabbed his father’s sheltie dog to death in a park and told police he did it because he thought the dog was possessed, a Cook County prosecutor said Sunday.
Someone dumped a mother Labrador retriever and 17 puppies at the side of a dark road in the Indiana Dunes State Park on Friday.
A dog found with two broken legs last month in northwest suburban Elgin is recovering and may soon find a new home thanks to a suburban veterinarian’s generosity. Police are also seeking the dog’s owner on a misdemeanor animal cruelty charge.
Kyle Voissem was convicted Tuesday after a two-day bench trial, and now faces up to three years in prison. The judge also ordered him to undergo psychiatric evaluation.
Poem the News — Poetry about the news?! Are you MAD?! POETRY AND THE NEWS DON’T GO TOGETHER. You’re crazy! Yes, reader, yes I am. I am crazy. Read these poems. The submit your own.
Lee Krizka and her dog, Merlot, both have disabilities, but they make quite a team. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
A woman walking with her dogs in Glencoe was confronted by a pack of coyotes and when it was all over, the fire department and a long ladder were needed, reports CBS 2’s Pamela Jones.
Investigators determined the blaze had started in the kitchen, where a burner on the stove had been switched on. When the owner arrived, he had an explanation.
A young dog rescued from the ice of Jackson Harbor on the South Side earlier this week suffered no ill effects and has been reunited with its owner.
If you don’t learn how to pick up after your dog soon, Libra, the stars will BRING THE HAMMER DOWN. Yes, that’s right, the stars will punish you if you let your dog poop on the sidewalk one more time. The destruction will be swift and painful, worse than any onslaught you’ve ever heard described in a metal song. Seriously. You will cease to exist.
Chicago Animal Care and Control personnel were still seeking the owner of a dog that eluded capture on the ice of Jackson Habor for nearly three hours before it was rescued Tuesday.
A coyote attacked a dog in west suburban Wheaton Friday night, according to officials.
Pearl was left struggling with her head pinched in the jaws of an animal trap on Saturday. Police said Pearl’s death was no accident.
There are supposedly “funny” YouTube videos of dogs with their heads stuck in snack bags. But to veterinarian Larry Fox, it’s no joke. CBS 2′s Ed Curran reports.
Mason Johnson knows nothing about horoscopes or astrology. Seriously. When he was six, his mom thought it was funny to make him stick his head out the car window and scream, “What’s your sign?” at women walking by. That is the extent of his experience. Also, Mason is an Aquarius… ladies.
Police say a Chicago man used a dog to escape officers serving a search warrant in the Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night.
An East Lakeview neighborhood man called police early Friday and admitted to beating his dog to death.
James Wesolaski admitted he had struck the animal, a Lhasa Apso named Teddy, after becoming angry when the dog bit him and escaped from his home.
Rags — the little white dog that managed to avoid cars on the Stevenson Expressway for more than an hour a week ago — is getting a home on Thursday.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!