Two years ago, Rodney Hewitt and Jerome Williams rented a Bobcat for $750 and built a 4-foot-high dam behind their property and the flooding stopped. They say the village came and destroyed it last summer.
Jennifer Mitchell, 27, was struck sometime before 1 a.m. near 154th Street by at least two vehicles, authorities said.
A Cook County correctional officer faces weapons charges after she allegedly pulled a gun while arguing with a woman over a washing machine and said, “This is all the protection I need.”
The men were all charged with a felony count of attending or patronizing a dog fight and were being held on bail Sunday, according to a release from the Cook County Sheriff’s office.
A call to police from a concerned resident in Dolton led police to a dog fighting ring, and a man wanted for attempted murder.
Dolton police are trying to determine if two men allegedly involved in an armed robbery may be tied to the murder of a 52-year old man.
Two south suburban men were due in bond court Saturday, charged with stealing checks from President Barack Obama’s Chicago campaign headquarters.
The Bishop Ford Freeway was shut down for hours Saturday morning, as Illinois State Police investigated a shooting.
A Dolton man died after he was shot in the face Tuesday afternoon on the South Side.
A south suburban man was charged Friday for allegedly beating his teenage daughter to death in a Dolton motel while high on drugs.
Chicago just got a little smaller, now that a Cook County judge ruled in favor of a waste disposal company that’s taking 86 acres on the Southeast side to expand its landfill operation.
One motorist is dead and one other is wounded after a two-vehicle crash early Sunday on the Bishop Ford Freeway where alcohol is believed to be a factor, state police said.
A South Side alderman says he is working to protect residents despite how it looks as he tries to lift Chicago’s moratorium on landfills.
A motorist on his way to his job at the Chicago Tribune was killed early Monday when a wrong-way driver collided with his vehicle on the Bishop Ford Freeway.
An exchange of gunfire with police in Dolton early Saturday ended when a 22-year-old man suspected of a shooting outside a nightclub in the south suburb was shot dead by police.
A teen narrowly avoided serious injury when a semi truck plowed into a home Wednesday afternoon in south suburban Dolton.
An 11-year-old girl is dead after jumping out of the moving van her mother was driving in Dolton, and being run over.
A 4-year-old girl is dead and her mother, father and brother were hospitalized after a rollover crash Saturday morning in south suburban Dolton.
More than 700 people attended a funeral service in Dolton for the 15-year-old boy with autism who was shot to death February first by Calumet City Police.
A south suburban woman is facing drunken driving charges, after police say she slammed into a pedestrian so hard that the victim as knocked off an overpass.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!