As he continues to battle diverticulitis, White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper will miss the remainder of the team’s 10-game road trip.
According to multiple reports on Twitter, White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
In John Danks’ first game since May on Monday, the left-hander tossed two-plus innings, throwing 35 pitches, giving up one run and two hits.
The White Sox made changes to their major league coaching staff Tuesday, promoting Daryl Boston and Bobby Thigpen while moving Harold Baines to a new position.
As Don Cooper will admit, before this season began, the White Sox were expected to be a train wreck.
Through his first 145 games as a big league manager, Robin Ventura has lead a team that some projected to win a total of just 65 games to a record of 79-66, while maintaining a first-place position for most of the season.
A league source told 670 The Score Thursday that the White Sox reached out to Major League Baseball and were assured that catcher A.J. Pierzynski will not be suspended for using a banned substance.
Look no further than the 2005 White Sox to see just how important a pitching staff can be in the playoffs.
Veteran White Sox left-handed reliever Matt Thornton has had his share of rough outings this season.
White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said the team knew exactly what they were getting when they dealt for the 28-year-old – the key is just to eliminate those inconsistent moments.
The White Sox could be in for a surprise as they take on the Tigers this weekend.
The White Sox have been noticeably silent on the health status of John Danks, who hasn’t made an appearance for the White Sox since May 19.
This is the first All-Star break in recent memory that hasn’t felt like the serene eye of a giant, swirling storm, in both good times and bad.
The move allows the left-hander to pitch freely in the All-Star Game, but the team insists the decision wasn’t made for the All-Star Game.
The underlying theme throughout this season has been the lack of attendance from White Sox fans.
It seems more appropriate, and fun, to combine both rosters into one embarrassing, pathetic, and disturbing group.
Sale shouldn’t be allowed to go out every fifth game and pitch 7-plus innings every time he ventures to the mound the rest of the season. He is too valuable a prospect and he is still developing.
White Sox hurler Jake Peavy said Ventura has brought a calming, comfortable presence to the White Sox clubhouse.
White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said Hawk was right to say what he said.
It’s been interesting to look at the two fresh fish thrown into this baseball city, to slowly try to get a picture of who and what they will be.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!