Now officials are trying to go green and clean up some of that paper. But as CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports, they have a long way to go.
The Lieutenant Governor of Illinois says there’s been progress for women, but not enough in terms of pay at an equal pay for women rally in downtown Chicago.
A local Iraq War veteran has been trying to clear his name, after he was accused of attacking a family member.
A six-block stretch of Pulaski Avenue between Madison and Fulton was pitch black Tuesday night, CBS 2 observed.
Three-term incumbent Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown handily beat back a challenge from Ald. Ricardo Munoz (22nd) for her seat Tuesday.
Voters are heading to the polls Tuesday morning for an Illinois primary election that experts have said could be “defining” for the Republican presidential race.
A man who says he was a gang member at age 13 has been reassigned from a court job at age 46, after the Chicago Crime Commission identified him as a current gang leader.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire that damaged the Calumet Heights home of Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court Dorothy Brown Friday night on the South Side.
One man who wrote to Brown suggested she is in his sights, “especially coming out of your office and walking to your car.” CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Seventeen jobs that were cut from the Cook County Circuit Court Clerk’s office last week were suddenly restored Thursday after office head Dorothy Brown told commissioners she discovered $700,000 she didn’t know she had in her budget.
A bucket brigade of public officials has transferred Mary Todd Lincoln’s insanity hearing record from court vaults to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield.
Cook County officials are looking for nearly 2,000 former property owners who are due money after a foreclosure.
Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown has been forced to hand out pink slips, as she seeks to meet demands to cut her office’s budget.
If you lost a home or commercial property to foreclosure and might still have equity in it, you could have money coming to you. Check services.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/foreclosure/ or call 312-603-5035. The Cook County Clerk of the […]
The Cook County Court Clerk is looking for 1,900 people to whom she owes $17 million, money that was equity in houses and buildings that were foreclosed on, money the original owners never claimed.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!