A 17-year old girl is free and safe, after escaping from an East St. Louis area home where she was allegedly held captive for more than two years.
The 2012 general election is coming up in barely two months, and between now and then, you can expect to see and hear negative advertising featuring someone who’s in office for at least two more years.
Megabuses were running as usual Friday morning, a day after a packed double-decker bus from Chicago crashed into a bridge downstate and left a woman dead.
PEOTONE, Ill. (CBS) — The latest Illiana Expressway proposals go before the public Tuesday and Wednesday night in Illinois and Northwest Indiana. As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, the Illinois and Indiana transportation departments will […]
A school bus carrying 6th-grade students from Highland has collided with a tractor trailer near the southern Illinois community of Litchfield.
With Federal Emergency Management Agency officials twice denying aid, Gov. Pat Quinn says the State of Illinois is moving to assist Southern Illinois communities devastated by tornadoes last month.
Six downstate residents were killed, and more than 100 others were injured, in a powerful storm with an EF4 tornado slammed southern Illinois early Wednesday.
Business and labor groups say Illinois is not keeping up its highways.
A federal probe finds no evidence that foreign hackers infiltrated computers controlling a downstate water plant.
PRINCETON, Ill. (CBS) — There is increased security today at Princeton High School, in Bureau County about 120 miles southwest of Chicago, after a former student brought a gun to school on Wednesday. As WBBM […]
The Chicago-based John Howard Association prison watchdog group says the Menard Correctional Center downstate is becoming increasingly dangerous.
Superfriends of downstate Metropolis, Ill., have banded together to help a Superman fan who lost that which is most precious to him.
State officials have found “substantial evidence” that the civil rights of a gay couple downstate were violated by two facilities that refused to host their civil union ceremony.
A University of Chicago undergrad and her parents were killed over the weekend when a single-engine plane went down in downstate Rantoul.
Some Amtrak train passengers were quite literally stuck in the middle of nowhere Tuesday, after a fuel problem stalled a train headed from Chicago to Carbondale.
Some underperforming Illinois schools will get millions in federal stimulus money to undergo what the State Board of Education calls “dramatic reforms.”
A 4.2-magnitude earthquake struck in southeast Missouri Tuesday morning, and was felt in parts of downstate Illinois.
Stink bugs were spotted in the Chicago area only in recent months, and now, they’re becoming a big problem downstate.
A missing mother and her three daughters have been found safe in downstate Illinois, after disappearing for five days.
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services is catching a lot of heat over its tentative decision to award next year’s health insurance contract for state workers to Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!