Activists acknowledge it’s probably too late to restore this year’s Puerto Rican parade in downtown Chicago, but they’re fighting to get it back for next year.
As one of Chicago’s top cultural attractions, the Shedd sees daily visitors from Chicago and all over the world. Whether you were there 5 years ago or 5 months ago, there’s always something new to see and explore.
Aquarius! Crawl out the metaphorical slit your jailers call a window, down that imaginary rope made of your hopes, dreams and bed sheets, and live your life!
Chicago Department of Transportation Commissioner Gabe Klein said the mile-long two-way protected bike lane on Dearborn Street, stretching from Wacker Drive to Polk Street, is the nation’s first protected bike lane through a central business district.
A plan to renovate a historic downtown building will benefit the prominent Chicago family that owns it, but it may not be such good news for those who pay the rent.
Thousands of public school teachers and their supporters have flooded downtown streets Monday afternoon, for a rally in front of Chicago Public Schools headquarters on the first day of the city’s first teachers’ strike in 25 years.
Chicago Police are warning people after a series of overnight downtown robberies over the past two weeks.
Police are searching for a robber who has been targeting victims downtown and on the Near North Side in broad daylight in recent weeks.
Five people were hospitalized early Monday after a crash that reportedly involved an ambulance on Lake Shore Drive downtown.
Eight people have been charged with mob action, after four people were hurt in at least three mob attacks in and near downtown over the weekend.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that he is sympathetic with downtown businesses that might have suffered because of all the people who stayed away due to the NATO Summit, but he said the gathering of world leaders was still very good for Chicago.
It’s an eerie scene in downtown Chicago today, as most office buildings and stores are deserted because of the NATO summit.
Michigan Avenue was briefly shut down between Lake and Madison streets due to police activity.
Thousands of Chicago college students will get a real-life lesson in tight security during the NATO summit in less than two weeks. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports some students will be locked out of their downtown campuses during the summit.
Chicago Police say some bold thieves made their own cash dash Monday morning downtown.
Starting Friday, big, green tags will be appearing on trees throughout downtown, as part of an effort in this week before Arbor Day to remind people of the benefits of trees.
Palm Sunday marked the beginning of Holy Week on the Christian calendar, and now, political and religious leaders are using the sacred message to combat youth violence by holding a march.
Be one of the two million guests this year that visits the Shedd Aquarium, a national historic landmark. The aquarium, situated on the beautiful Lake Michigan lakefront, houses more than 32,500 animals. Spend a day learning about all sorts of animals that live in locations ranging from the Pacific Northwest to a Philippine coral reef.
Two downtown office buildings that aren’t getting much use may soon have a new life, and young people will be the beneficiaries.
Something that happened over downtown Chicago Thursday morning is confirmation that the fear of another 9/11 is never far from people’s minds.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!