Dr. Nancy Jones
The former Cook County Medical Examiner is speaking out for the first time after being forced from office two months ago.
A published report says the findings of an audit of the Cook County morgue left Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle “jarred.”
Due to staffing shortages, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office has announced that full autopsies will no longer be performed in certain cases in which drugs or alcohol might have led to a person’s death.
The Cook County Board on Monday imposed new rules and regulations on the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office to address the recent scandal in which bodies were found stacked in an overflowing cooler and otherwise mishandled.
The Cook County Board has decided to slow down on taking away Cook County Medical Examiner Nancy Jones’ job-for-life status over the scandal involving bodies stacked on top of one another at the morgue.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle today will outline proposals for big changes at the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle says there’s no question: If the county morgue had better management there wouldn’t be what sources say is a pileup of bodies there.
The Cook County Morgue is once again double-stacking bodies on trays in its cooler.
A pathologist testified Thursday that the man who died under the care of the so called “death angel” at a Woodstock nursing home was intoxicated with a drug that he should have never received.
The body of William Berry, 54, has never even made it to the county cemetery, even though he died ten months ago.
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!