Is Mitt Romney planning an October surprise of sorts for tonight? Has he been saving big policy announcements and details for the debate?
Yesterday the Obama administration put in place provisions of the DREAM Act that brought many young people out of the shadows to participate in the American Dream. On the same day a judge in Pennsylvania let stand what may be the most egregious attempt at voter suppression in a generation.
Wednesday will be a day of historic proportions, as thousands of young people who were brought into the country illegally get the opportunity to apply to live and work in the United States legally.
Mitt Romney has provided no details, not even a hint, of what his immigration plan is. Either this is a lousy sales job, which is bad, or he has no idea there’s a difference between running Bain Capital and running the nation, which is worse.
The guy who passed health care reform in Massachusetts and vowed to repeal the Affordable Care Act can’t take a policy position on Obama’s executive order on immigration enforcement?
The new initiative affects as many as 800,000 people, including a young woman who spoke to CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot.
The state Senate has passed the DREAM Act, which would put those young people within reach of such programs as College Illinois, allowing them to save for their higher education.
Congressman Luis Gutierrez said Saturday that he doesn’t know if he can support President Barack Obama’s bid for re-election in 2012 if he doesn’t do more to reform immigration policy.
About 150 people marched this morning from the federal immigrant detention center in Broadview to a Catholic church in Melrose Park two miles away, their third annual Christmastime posada.
A vote on the “DREAM Act” in the U.S. Senate has been put off because Democrats don’t have the votes to get it passed right now.
Congressman Luis Guiterrez told an extremely spirited crowd of some 150 immigrants rights activists that he believes he’ll get a House vote next week on the “DREAM” citizenship act.
The gloves came off, as the candidates for the U.S. Senate squared off in a one-hour debate.
CHICAGO (WBBM) — Dozens of undocumented students from Chicago let their voices be heard as they held signs in support of the dream act.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!