William Buford had career-highs of 28 points and five 3-pointers as No. 2 Ohio State showed off its perimeter shooting in an 87-54 victory over Northwestern on Wednesday night in the Big Ten opener for both teams.
John Shurna, the Big Ten’s leading scorer, had 25 points to lead Northwestern past Georgia Tech 76-60 on Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
John Shurna scored 20 points and freshman Dave Sobolewski added 16 as Northwestern remained undefeated with a 63-58 victory over Stony Brook on Friday.
Northwestern showed experience, depth and poise to earn itself a tournament title at the Charleston Classic. Does that mean the Wildcats are ready to reach a much more important tournament come March?
Drew Crawford scored 28 points and John Shurna had a critical three-point play down the stretch to lead Northwestern into the Charleston Classic championship game with a 69-65 victory over Tulsa on Friday.
John Shurna scored a 15 points and Luka Mirkovic added 12 to lead Northwestern to a 60-36 season-opening victory over Texas-Pan American on Sunday night.
The Northwestern Wildcats dominated Minnesota Thursday during the opening game of the Big Ten tournament. The Wildcats only held a two point lead at the break, but exploded to finish the game with a ten point lead.
The Northwestern Wildcats snapped a three-game losing streak, taking a big early lead over Illinois and then holding on for a narrow victory in Evanston on Saturday.
After leading the Minnesota Golden Gophers by one point after the first half, the Northwestern Wildcats knew they would have a tough game to finish. Minnesota exploded in the second half and dominated Northwestern, giving […]
The Northwestern Wildcats tamed the SIU Edwardsville Cougars Thursday night and made it look easy. The first half ended with the Wildcats leading 55-25 and the Cougars could only score another 30 points by the game’s end.
This was Michigan State’s second straight game they won in overtime. The four point deficit broke Northwestern’s win streak.
The Northwestern Wildcats didn’t hold anything back when they took on the Iowa Hawkeyes Wednesday. The Wildcats earned a second straight win while giving the Hawkeyes their fourth straight loss.
(WSCR) – The Northwestern Wildcats ended a three-game losing streak when they faced the Indiana Hoosiers Sunday. The Wildcats were ahead 12 points in after the first half while both teams scored 53 points during […]
Northwestern wasn’t phased by their only loss of the season Tuesday. When the Wildcats faced Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Thursday, Northwestern toppled MSM 70-47, making it look easy.
With the Big Ten Conference winning the Big Ten/ACC Challenge for the first time in eleven tries last season, both Illinois and Northwestern looked to do their part this year in ensuring that conference bragging rights would stay in the Midwest for at least one more year.
Another season for the Wildcats and another season they will be chasing the team’s first NCAA Tournament appearance.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!