His lawyer says Drew Peterson’s son is likely to appeal a judge’s ruling today that upheld his firing as a police officer.
Convicted killer Drew Peterson’s lawyers have quietly withdrawn from the appeal of his murder conviction.
The Illinois Department of Corrections confirms Peterson, 59, arrived Thursday at Menard Correctional Center near Chester, Ill.
Less than a day after declaring his innocence at the top of his lungs during his sentencing hearing, former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson was transferred from the Will County Jail to a state prison in Pontiac to begin serving his 38-year sentence for murder.
Following a rambling, bizarre and emotional plea in which he forcefully denied being a killer, Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years in prison Thursday for murdering his third wife Kathleen Savio nearly 10 years ago.
Drew Peterson’s lawyers tried to make a case today for a new trial. The judge will rule on that motion at 1 p.m. Thursday and if he denies it, the case enters the sentencing phase reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser from the Will County courthouse.
Drew Peterson’s feuding current and former lawyers, Steve Greenberg and Joel Brodsky, squared off in court today as the defense seeks a new trial. WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports it was not the showdown that some were expecting.
Convicted murderer Drew Peterson goes back to court in Will County tomorrow, hoping to convince a judge to grant him a new trial, reports WBBM’s Regine Schlesinger.
Drew Peterson’s attorneys got some of what they wanted from former colleague Joel Brodsky, but not everything.
A DePaul University Legal Analyst is giving Drew Peterson only a slim chance for reversal of his murder conviction.
On Thursday, Judge Edward Burmila set a Feb. 19 hearing date for the motion for a new trial.
Drew Peterson’s former lawyer, Joel Brodsky has filed an unusual motion, attacking his former co-counsel, Steve Greenberg, and suggesting he might have given prosecutors new evidence against Peterson.
Drew Peterson’s former lawyers are weighing in on a motion filed by his current lawyers, arguing for a new trial, based, in part, on the decision to call a witness whose testimony was damaging to the defense.
Drew Peterson’s lawyers have filed a motion seeking to have his conviction tossed out, because of ineffective counsel by former lead defense attorney Joel Brodsky.
A new search for the remains of Drew Peterson’s missing fourth wife was in its fourth day on Thursday.
The FBI and Illinos State Police searched a southwest suburban forest preserve Monday afternoon — attracting the attention of the sister of the missing Stacy Peterson, although authorities wouldn’t say what they were looking for.
The lead lawyer for convicted killer Drew Peterson on Tuesday withdrew from the case.
The Will County judge who presided over Drew Peterson’s murder trial had to sort through some legal drama on Friday, about what attorneys would represent the former Bolingbrook police officer going forward.
Convicted wife killer Drew Peterson was allowed outside the Will County Jail for a brief period today to pay final respects to his mother at a Darien funeral home.
Drew Peterson’s lead lawyer has filed a motion to strike down what he calls an unauthorized motion by another attorney.
- 5 Dead, 15 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 15 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings around the city since Friday night.130
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!