David Bogenberger, 19, had a blood alcohol level more than four times the legal limit for driving when he died during what authorities said was a hazing ritual at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity at NIU in November.
Drinking, gambling and urinating on the public way are crimes that, Chicago Police contend, can “ruin the social fabric” of a neighborhood and set the stage for more serious crimes, including prostitution, gang loitering and narcotics sales.
After a three-year hiatus, the parade returned last year with a zero tolerance policy for drunks. As CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports, organizers say expect the same crackdown this year.
A Chicago school bus driver is in trouble being drunk while on the job–and more
Divers have found the body of a missing Chicago man in the frigid water of Belmont Harbor.
The night before Thanksgiving is considered to be the biggest night out of the year, to the point where bar owners call it “Black Wednesday.”
A family is suing the Chicago-based maker of a caffeinated alcoholic beverage after their teenager died after drinking what the attorneys call “blackout in a can.”
Two Kane County judges today gave juniors and seniors at St. Charles East High School the bare bones truth about possible consequences of bad decision-making on prom night.
The South Side Irish Parade might be a thing of the past, but an unofficial St. Patrick’s Day tradition is still going strong at the University of Illinois.
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!