Jen Luby, an entertaining expert from secondcitysoiree.com has some easy ideas to decorate and entertain for a last minute Super Bowl party.
The recipe for The Maiden and the Huntsman is as follows: 2 oz Campo de Encanto Pisco .5 oz fresh lime juice .5 oz simple syrup 1.5 oz pear/caraway nectar .5 drops of Angostura Bitters […]
As a bartender, you can be the go-to person at a restaurant or party. Pick up skills as a bartender with these schools and start a new career or embrace a popular hobby.
Nightlife in Chicago doesn’t always have to consist of overpriced drinks and unbearable crowds. Check out some local bars in Chicago that cater to College students from the featured games to the drink specials.
The best pool halls in Chicago have a relaxed and casual atmosphere that lets you shoot some pool solo or with a group of friends. Check out these five affordable spots that you can play pool for fun or competition.
Have you been rocking out into a hairbrush in front of the bathroom mirror for as long as you can remember? Working hard on your stage presence in private? Take your passions out in to the open and perform with a live band.
These happy hour hotspots in Chicago will provide you with great drink specials that are shared in high quality company at little cost.
Get ready to party during Pride Weekend in Chicago. Who says you need to turn in early during Pride Weekend? Check out these nightclubs and bars to keep partying into the early hours.
Looking for great food and drinks to enjoy alongside the company of like-minded, free-thinkers such as yourself? Then look no further than this list of awesome haunts to enjoy just that.
Looking to get your rumba, salsa, or tango on? Chicago is no stranger to great live Latin music. Be sure to check out any of the following Chicago venues; they all offer the chance to enjoy free live music in a casual atmosphere. Brush up on Latin moves, put your dancing shoes on and go check out one of these local hotspots.
Watch UFC fights on big screen televisions while enjoying beer and food at any of these local bars in Chicago.
Mixology has been stepped up a notch thanks to these Chicago bars and their signature rum cocktails.
Old-school establishments are some of my favorite city nightspots. While I’m no stranger to many of the newer bars lining Chicago streets, it’s the atmosphere of the city’s older watering holes that piques my interest. Before you belly up to the local bar, take a peek at what’s on tap at several longstanding Chicago bars.
When one of the arguably greatest chefs in the world opens a cocktail joint, expectations are inevitably high. Grant Achatz, the former French Laundry study and mastermind behind Alinea and Next, brings his imaginative take on food and drink to his cocktail bar, the Aviary.
In case you missed the memo, to say St. Patrick’s Day is a big deal in Chicago is an understatement. Almost every bar in town will be boasting St. Patrick’s Day specials, leprechaun themed drinks and of course, green beer. Here’s a ‘how-to guide’ for classic cocktails and Irish staples being served (and over served) this March in Chicago.
When a friend asked me if I wanted to play a “real-life” version of Clue, I jumped at the chance. A dinner party that combines the board-game-setting with being a real-life sleuth sounded like a great solution for this grown up gamer.
You’ve been to Big Star for awesome tacos and other Mexican dishes, now swing by the Wicker Park joint for champurrado, a warming chocolate drink. CBSChicago.com recently caught up with Justin Large, chef de cuisine at Big Star, to learn how to make the drink at home.
You can smell the smoker used at Barn & Company, a BBQ bar, a block away. The atmosphere is overwhelmingly fun! The layout is as big as a barn, the lighting is warehouse-bright, and the wood walls are adorned with pigs…
One reason I love Chicago so much is that a night out means endless possibilities. From doughnut shops to wine bars and comedy venues, I make a point to try as many spots as I can, while still watching my wallet. Take a look at my quest to hit the streets for good food and fun for under $30!
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!