The proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.
Getting out of town for a quick respite from daily life doesn’t have to mean straying too far from Los Angeles proper. In fact, these drive-away mini-vacations can start immediately with eye-catching scenery about an hour or so from the city of angels. When you fall in love with these locales, stop at these places to rest your head or snap your shutter.
Several accidents over the holiday weekend are being taken as more evidence of the dangers of using a cell phone while driving.
“Every time I get into my car I feel like tonight’s going to be a good night.” – Will and his Chevy Malibu
“I will always have this bike until it just dies or somebody destroys it.” – Justin and his Kawasaki Ninja Motorcycle.
“Everyone always says that they feel like they’re in a spaceship when they drive in it.” – Nialanjan and his Toyota Sienna.
“There is something so great about coming down to Chicago in a convertible.” – Hervetta and her Mercedes.
“People feel like it’s a store. There are so many things in it. You can shop in it.” – Jackie and her Honda CRV
Check out these tips from EcoMedia on how to save energy on the road, which in turn could help you spend less on gas.
Nearly a dozen students from Vernon Hills High School were getting the word out to drivers Wednesday – school zones are no-cell phone zones in Illinois.
A new study says driving with a bad cold might be like getting behind the wheel under the influence. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
A statewide ban on cell phone use while driving could change your commute forever, but state Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago) says it won’t be happening yet.
Gunshots rang out late Tuesday night in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, leaving two men injured.
If you’re driving in the city and plan to talk on your cell phone, you might want to think twice about whether to do it without a hands-free device.
You might sometimes feel compelled to eat in the car when you’re on the run, but in Oak Park, such activity could soon be illegal.
A program at Marist High School in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood Tuesday attempted to teach students the lesson that texting while driving can be deadly.
Every time you get behind the wheel, you could be at risk for skin cancer. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker has this look at what is being done to send a message to teens that they’re risking their lives when they text and drives.
Rising gas prices have everyone thinking about the best way to get around. Public transportation is highly touted, but is it the smart way to go?
Over the last week, gas prices have jumped just over 17 cents a gallon. And analysts predict the prices will rise into the summer months.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!