It might be tough to drive in, but Tuesday’s snowstorm should bring some benefits to the Chicago area.
Experts say the lack of snow — coming off of an extremely dry summer — is literally stressing trees out. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
In a new report, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said, if Chicago doesn’t get some significant rain or snow soon, there could be serious water flow issues in the Chicago River.
It has not been a white winter so far in Chicago, as the city has recorded barely more than an inch of snow.
Illinois has just lived through the second warmest and tenth driest year on record.
The question remains: Why haven’t we had more snow? CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Just in time for your Thanksgiving dinner, prices at the grocery store are going up.
With all the rain we’ve had lately, we might forget we had a serious drought this summer, and that the drought will have a big impact on food prices this fall.
Illinois going to get a little of the Isaac rain that had been aimed at the gulf coast, but likely not enough to affect Illinois agriculture.
Rain the past couple of weeks has begun to pull much of the Chicago area out of drought conditions. And more may be on the way.
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has allowed state power generators to increase the temperature of cooling water that can be discharged into lakes and rivers, because of this summer’s heat and drought, but an environmental group says that might not be a good idea.
A top climatologist said Thursday the drought plaguing Illinois farms appears to be leveling off, but it’s too late to save the state’s corn crop.
Half of the counties in the entire country – and all but four in Illinois – have been declared disaster areas because of the ongoing drought.
This year’s drought has had many negative effects, but it does have at least one benefit.
The emerald ash borer and the drought this summer are teaming up to give a one-two punch to ash trees in the area.
Gov. Pat Quinn is asking for Illinois to be designated a drought disaster area.
The lack of rain this summer might be killing your garden, but it’s actually good news for people studying the health of the Fox River.
The storms that rocked the Chicago area overnight weren’t enough to end the drought, but they were a good start.
Extreme heat and low water levels in area rivers are creating a dangerous combination.
The drought has Indiana State Police looking more closely at what’s coming out of cars.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!