Prosecutors said police found 79 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of about $10 million in the home of a McKinley Park man after they arrested him Friday night.
Two men were charged and three pit bulls were killed during a drug bust early Saturday in Humboldt Park.
Police have busted a sophisticated indoor pot-growing operation at a home in the Irving Park neighborhood.
The city has been faced with another bloody weekend, as at least nine people have died from gun violence and more than two dozen others have been hurt in Chicago since Friday afternoon.
Police busted street drug sales operations in 10 district across the city over a three-day period ending Saturday, police superintendent Garry McCarthy announced Sunday.
The Chicago Police Department on Saturday announced that 22 alleged gang members were arrested and quantities of heroin, crack cocaine and cannabis were seized during two drug market raids on Friday on the city’s South and West sides.
Nine purported gang members were arrested after police busted an open air drug market on a West Side street corner on Friday.
Police have arrested four people and seized more than 2,100 pounds of marijuana in a drug bust in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
Heroin, crack cocaine and other suspected narcotics were seized and two people arrested when north suburban police raided a home on Chicago’s North Side, and a third person was arrested for trying to enter the home during the search.
Two men have been charged after police found them with more than 800 pounds of cannabis on the Southwest Side.
For the second time this week, authorities in DuPage County have filed charges after uncovering drugs that were allegedly being shipped to the area from California.
A Saturday drug bust on the South Side ended with the arrest of a convicted felon, $30,000 in cash and about $93,000 worth of cocaine.
Cops with a search warrant show up after midnight, find a “couple hundred” pot plants growing inside a South Side home.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!