A 21-year-old man was taken to the hospital Monday after he was found locked in the bathroom of a Geneva Starbucks, surrounded by packets of suspected heroin and a hypodermic needle. A friend was later charged after apparently trying to hide the drugs from police.
A south suburban man is being held on a $1 million bond after police conducting a traffic stop in west suburban Bloomingdale turned up nearly half a million dollars’ worth of cocaine and methamphetamine Wednesday.
Businessmen, college students and body builders are among the people taking this drug, not realizing how addictive and deadly it can be. CBS 2′s Dave Savini takes a look at the drug GHB, which has the street name — Liquid G.
Former Gary police officer David Finley Jr. will admit he knowingly sold a gun to a felon in August and sold that same person drugs later the same day.
Police arrested 43 people and seized illegal drugs with an estimated street value of $23,000 during a series of raids around the city Thursday and Friday.
Bond was set at $750,000 for three Schaumburg police officers accused of drug trafficking.
She remembered the drugs, but not the child. Police say when a South Side who left her 3-year-old granddaughter on a CTA bus in the South Loop was arrested Wednesday night, they found heroin in her pocket.
More security is coming in the fight against people who would unlawfully get prescription drugs.
Two teens were arrested after allegedly setting bushes on fire Tuesday in far southwest suburban Minooka.
When you think of drug rehab, cocaine and heroin may come to mind, but some different drugs are sending an exploding number of kids into treatment.
A Texas man accused of working with former Chicago Bear Sam Hurd to arrange large purchases of drugs is now facing prison time.
For America’s big cities: the people who are supposed to have, need to have, and claim to have all the answers simply don’t have a clue.
Lawmakers who say the state health care cuts went too far are trying to move the pendulum back.
HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) — The Cook County sheriff says he and his team took dozens of suspected criminals off the streets in Harvey last week. As WBBM Newsradio’s Lisa Fielding reports, sheriff Tom Dart says […]
Federal prosecutors have charged 19 people for taking part in two drug rings that supplied large quantities of powder and crack cocaine to the city and suburbs.
A documentary from a Naperville teen takes a blunt look at drug use in her high school.
Inmates at the Lake County Jail were having coffee Thursday morning when officers with dogs stormed in.
Due to staffing shortages, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office has announced that full autopsies will no longer be performed in certain cases in which drugs or alcohol might have led to a person’s death.
The top law enforcement officer in Kane County says he is disappointed more parents aren’t showing up for eye-opening presentations on the use of heroin by teenagers in the exurban county west of Chicago.
Police say two students at Stevenson High School are now facing charges after an investigation into alleged drug sales.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!