The Lake County Major Crime Task Force is investigating an officer-involved shooting in Waukegan where an officer shot at a suspect who escaped by driving away and injuring at least one officer.
The Will County coroner has released the results of toxicology tests in the July 29 death of an Oswego woman at the Sybaris pool suite in south suburban Frankfort.
Three alleged gang members in the south suburbs are in serious trouble, after police say they fought with officers and tried to start a riot during a traffic stop last week.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle has spoken directly with police Supt. Garry McCarthy ending low-level marijuana arrests in the city.
Heriberto Viramontes, who awaits trial for the notorious 2010 baseball bat attack on two women in Bucktown, faces additional charges that he conspired with his girlfriend to smuggle marijuana into Cook County jail. A correctional officer has also been charged.
Former Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis says his first priority as the new deputy director of the Chicago Crime Commission will be to assess the causes of gang and gun violence.
Imagine running from pharmacy to pharmacy to fill a prescription only to learn your much needed drugs were nowhere to be found.
About $2.7 million worth of marijuana and other drugs, and $15,000 in cash were seized by Chicago Police in a series of targeted search warrant in West Side areas known for narcotics-related crimes.
Chicago’s Inspector General says old problems persist in the way the City orders, stores and keeps track of prescription drugs for its clinics.
A Cook County judge has decided that free speech rights protect political ads suggesting a mayoral candidate in Chicago Heights will allow drugs to be sold from City Hall.
A dangerous club drug is pushing getting high to a whole new level. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A 15-year-old west suburban high school student has been charged with six felonies after four other students who allegedly obtained drugs from him began to suffer ill effects from the drugs and were taken to a hospital on Friday.
Two men stand charged in a weekend crime spree in the Edgewater neighborhood, which left three people dead and a Chicago Police officer shot and wounded.
Parents of children at New Trier High School were sent notices yesterday about drug-laced brownies potentially being sold to their children.
Cook County sheriff’s police have seized nearly $3 million in drugs from a man who was receiving suspicious packages in his Morgan Park neighborhood home.
Two men are in custody after police seized nearly $1 million in cocaine and cannabis during two separate drug busts.
A one-time basketball pro and track and field champion, who also works at Lakeshore Athletic Club in Lincoln Park was arrested as part of drug ring.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!