An alleged drunken driver led police on a 3-mile chase Tuesday morning in northwest Indiana before his arrest.
A 34-year-old Hammond, Ind. woman — who police say had a blood-alcohol level 2 1/2 times over the legal limit — ended her 34th birthday celebration early Saturday by totaling her car when she rear-ended a semi on I-80 outside of Gary.
In a heart-break for a Northwest Indiana family, a husband has lost his wife in a drunk-driving accident, just six weeks before a milestone wedding anniversary.
A nurse from southwest suburban Lockport was killed early Sunday when a suspected drunk driver struck her vehicle in unincorporated Palos Township.
A 24-year-old man was charged with DUI and a number of other driving-related offenses after he fell out of his car, clad only in underwear and socks, after crashing into a police squad car on the Northwest Side Saturday morning.
It’s said a picture is worth a thousand words and in this case it’s all we got.
A motorist is in police custody early Monday after he crashed into a South Side police station and tried to drive away.
The 24-year-old Glenview man charged with driving the wrong way on the Edens Expressway while drunk earlier this week apologized Friday for putting other motorists in jeopardy.
A 24-year-old man was arrested for drunk driving early Thursday morning after driving 11 miles in the wrong direction on the Edens Expressway through Chicago and the northern suburbs.
Hospital personnel credited the actions of an Indiana State Trooper and a Good Samaritan with saving the life of an allegedly drunk driver who lost control of his SUV, which rolled over after striking a semi on I-65 near in northwest Indiana Saturday morning.
A suspected drunken driver who was shot by police early Friday after fleeing officers who found him passed out with a gun in a Jeep on a South Loop street has been charged.
The Chicago nanny who saved a toddler’s life by pushing the girl’s stroller out of the direct path of an oncoming truck was telling her story for the first time on Tuesday.
An admittedly drunk driver took the witness stand in his own defense Friday, testifying how a Chicago Heights police officer ordered him behind the wheel before he crashed his girlfriend’s car, killing the 5-year-old boy he called his own.
An allegedly drunken driver has been charged with reckless homicide after crashing a sport-utility vehicle into an apartment building, killing his sleeping neighbor.
A Bolingbrook woman was killed when a drunk driver crashed his SUV through the wall of her apartment and into her bedroom as she slept early Saturday morning.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.197
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!