The American Beverage Institute warns dropping the legal blood alcohol limit to .05 will backfire by devastating the restaurant industry, actually reducing public safety, and do nothing to attack the core of the drunk driving problem.
A Joliet man was charged with vehicular homicide after he drunkenly collided with a Chicago police cruiser Friday night — killing a passenger in his car while wounding himself, another occupant in the vehicle and two police officers.
One man is in police custody after he crashed a car into the side of a Humboldt Park home early Monday, police said.
A 70-year-old Far South Side man whose blood alcohol level was “extremely high” when he fatally struck a woman on the South Side in a 2011 hit-and-run is going to prison.
A 32-year-old man has been charged with felony drunk driving, after his SUV slammed into a minivan late Sunday night, critically injuring the woman driving the van.
A southwest suburban woman was charged with aggravated DUI after a man was killed early Saturday when he was struck by a car as he walked on the Far Northwest Side near O’Hare Airport.
An off-duty CTA employee was arrested in the Back of the Yards neighborhood overnight, on suspicion of drunk driving, after crashing into an ambulance carrying a patient to the hospital.
An Oswego police officer has been suspended after walking into a southwest suburban pizzeria with a gun, and yelling at employees while off duty.
Dean Suominen, 37, avoided a possible jail term by pleading guilty to drunken driving and reckless driving charges stemming from the Jan. 10, 2012, crash in Naperville.
A parolee who spent nearly 12 years in prison for triggering a horrific drunken-driving crash that killed a McHenry County mother and her three children is facing new DUI charges.
A West Side man was charged with reckless homicide and DUI, after driving his vehicle into a group of pedestrians, fatally striking a man early Saturday in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
The 66-year old police chief of south suburban Robbins failed a field sobriety test and a Breathalyzer last weekend when he was arrested for drunk driving, according to police in Midlothian.
Police say they started out socializing together at a downtown bar. Then they allegedly committed traffic violations together not far from the police station, while driving home one behind the other.
There are about 40,000 drunk driving arrests in Illinois each year.
The son of former Governor George Ryan was cited for drunken driving early Thursday after falling asleep at wheel in a fast food restaurant parking lot.
A 26-year-old man has been charged with drunk driving, running a red light, driving without a license or insurance and other traffic violations, after he struck and critically injured an 87-year-old man who was crossing a street in the Uptown neighborhood on Friday morning.
A 57-year-old man who was involved in a rollover accident in Elgin last weekend died Friday of injuries suffered in the crash. Police said Thomas Merwin’s blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit at the time of the crash.
Illinois safety officials have a new Labor Day mantra, as they try to stem the state’s rising highway death toll.
An off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s deputy was charged Tuesday with aggravated DUI for a fatal crash early Sunday in west suburban Franklin Park.
A 24-year-old Cicero woman has been arrested and charged with DUI and reckless homicide in connection to a fatal rollover crash that occurred in west suburban Riverside last December.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!