A former part-time Orland Hills police officer is facing up to 15 years in prison for a drunken-driving crash that killed a 20-year-old Homewood man.
The American Beverage Institute warns dropping the legal blood alcohol limit to .05 will backfire by devastating the restaurant industry, actually reducing public safety, and do nothing to attack the core of the drunk driving problem.
A 54-year-old man is accused of drunk driving while transporting a bus full of high school students to the prom in Glen Ellyn last evening.
A west suburban woman arrested for driving under the influence early Friday in Riverside — whose blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit when tested at the police station — told police that she had been drinking to celebrate the fact that she would be getting her driver’s license back from a previous DUI arrest, police said.
A repeat DUI offender from Round Lake Beach has been sentenced to serve more than a dozen years in prison.
A bartender from the North Side Andersonville neighborhood faces a handful of traffic offenses and a felony cannabis charge after a crash with a police car in the Rogers Park neighborhood Tuesday night that injured two officers.
Former Robbins police Chief Johnny Holmes was charged with two DUIs in the past three years.
Des Plaines Police massively overstated its efforts to crack down on holiday drunk driving to secure federal funding, according to charges filed Wednesday against a former commander.
Chicago Police say a man is charged with DUI after rear-ending an unmarked police vehicle on the South Side.
A Skokie woman charged with DUI in the crash that claimed the life of an 8-year-old boy has pleaded guilty to all charges.
A man with a blood-alcohol level more than three times the legal limit was driving more than 75 mph when he crashed last month in Cicero — killing one passenger and seriously injuring another.
Rockies first baseman Todd Helton was arrested early Thursday morning near his home in Thornton, Colo. and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
Don’t be shocked to find more police cruisers watching you this Super Bowl Sunday. Illinois State Police will be stepping-up patrols on the roads, all a part of a statewide focus on D.U.I. enforcement.
Former Arizona Diamondbacks television analyst Mark Grace was sentenced to four months in jail after pleading guilty Thursday to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol.
Delia Aguila, 27, was charged with two counts of felony aggravated DUI causing death in connection with the weekend crash that killed two people.
Prosecutors say a serial drunken driver was knocking on the prison door to get in. Now, a judge is sending him there.
The south suburban police chief who authorities say exclaimed, “Oh wow,” when he was asked to take a sobriety test shortly before his drunken-driving arrest last month has stepped down.
Johnny Holmes said he recently lost a grandson to gun violence and has also been taking care of his elderly mother. CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman reports.
Police say they started out socializing together at a downtown bar. Then they allegedly committed traffic violations together not far from the police station, while driving home one behind the other.
Signs marking the location of a fatal accident may soon go up around Cook County.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!