The Chicago Blackhawks were beaten the last game in the corners, along the boards and by an overtime goal for the Minnesota Wild. By hurling their bodies in front of puck after puck, the Blackhawks stopped the Wild’s momentum right where it started.
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith was back in Chicago Tuesday for the birth of his first son, but is expected to make it back to Minnesota in time for tonight’s Game 4 against the Wild.
The Blackhawks defenseman didn’t apologize for what he said, but he did say that he respects the work of reporters.
It was not a good night for the Blackhawks, but it was an even worse night for defenseman Duncan Keith.
For one night, performance, geography, expectation and the choice of juxtaposition conspired to make something once so grand seem very small, and very far away.
The Blackhawks made a strong statement Sunday in becoming the first team this season to clinch postseason berth, as they used a third-period rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3.
A thumbnail look at the four teams that appear to be the biggest threats to the Blackhawks this season.
The Blackhawks know that the shortened NHL season will not be stopped and Lord Stanley’s hardware will not be awarded by keeping the “L” column clean against the Canucks.
Patrick Kane scored the tiebreaking goal for Chicago on what would have been a San Jose power play and then added an empty-netter to seal the Blackhawks’ 5-3 victory Tuesday night in a matchup of the NHL’s top two teams.
Patrick Kane, Brent Seabrook and Viktor Stalberg scored to back Corey Crawford, and the Chicago Blackhawks hung on to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Marian Hossa had two goals and an assist, Corey Crawford made 19 saves, and the Chicago Blackhawks crashed the Kings’ Stanley Cup championship celebration with a 5-2 victory over Los Angeles on Saturday.
Mikkel Boedker scored 13:15 into overtime, and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday night to take a 2-1 lead in their wild and physical opening-round Western Conference playoff series.
For the first time ever, the fine folks at EA Sports are letting fans pick the next cover athlete for their annual NHL video game.
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith has been suspended five games for his hit to the head of Canucks forward Daniel Sedin during Wednesday’s game in Chicago.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Daniel Sedin will miss the Canucks’ game tonight in Dallas. In fact, the Canucks have sent Sedin back to Vancouver to meet with a “specialist” for treatment.
Check out this video of Duncan Keith’s hit on Daniel Sedin.
Rookie Andrew Shaw scored 2:42 into overtime to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 2-1 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.
Patrick Sharp scored two goals, Duncan Keith had four assists and Corey Crawford made 24 saves as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-1 on Tuesday night to sweep the season series.
low down the bandwagon. Everybody needs to get on the big, beautiful Chicago schooner. The Blackhawks are on a roll. Hardly.
Corey Crawford made 31 saves to lead the Chicago Blackhawks to a 2-1 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night in a matchup of Central Division rivals missing their top centers.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!