Dwight Howard scored 16 points and grabbed 21 rebounds, Kobe Bryant chipped in with 19 points, nine assists and seven rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Chicago Bulls 90-81 Sunday.
Instead of honoring public figures who have had a good year, GQ instead came up with a list featuring the least influential people of 2012.
According to multiple reports, the Lakers have fired head coach Mike Brown.
So, Dwight Howard, on behalf of vile, dirty scribes and talking heads everywhere, I am sorry.
The All-Star center could be a member of the Los Angeles Lakers as soon as Friday, pending NBA approval of a four-team, eight-player trade also involving Denver and Philadelphia.
Here’s another gem from the “world wide leader in sports.”
Jim Rome, host of Rome on CBS Sports Network and The Jim Rome Show on the radio joined CBS Local Sports to give his take on the biggest topics in the major sports.
Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said Wednesday that trade talks involving Dwight Howard with the Brooklyn Nets are “stationary,” but that discussions remain open with them and other teams.
With a new team name and new arena in place, the Nets are reportedly targeting Orlando’s Dwight Howard
The Bulls may have finished the regular season with the NBA’s best record, but the team still couldn’t manage to land a single player on the three All-NBA teams.
Now that Howard has expressed an interest to be traded again, one Bulls expert thinks the time is now for the Bulls to make a move for the 26-year-old center.
Apparently the firing of head coach Stan Van Gundy wasn’t quite good enough for Dwight Howard.
The Orlando Magic have fired coach Stan Van Gundy after a rocky season.
Magic center Dwight Howard called team owner Rich DeVos during Friday’s games to say that he won’t play for coach Stan Van Gundy anymore.
Things got a little awkward in Orlando Thursday when Dwight Howard denied a report claiming he asked for Stan Van Gundy to be fired, even though his head coach had just confirmed it moments earlier.
Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard has signed papers agreeing to waive the early termination option in his contract and he will be with the Magic to begin the 2012-13 season.
According to a report, Howard met with his teammates and told them he intends to remain with the Magic through the 2012-13 season.
Unfortunately for the Magic, the only person seemingly in charge down in “the happiest place on Earth” is Dwight Howard
The Bulls would seemingly be a good fit for the 26-year-old center, but Howard has not put Chicago on the list of teams he’d like to play for.
Catch up with the latest news on the Bulls injuries, if tired legs played into their loss Thursday night and what some players are already looking forward to despite being months and months away.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!