Carlos Velez III, of the 4400 block of Baring Avenue, had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at 11:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Explosions rocked a section of East Chicago as crews battled a fire Saturday that destroyed several businesses in the 500 block of West Chicago Avenue.
Lake County police are investigating a possible officer-involved shooting in East Chicago that began Tuesday night with a traffic stop in the 4500 block of Euclid Avenue, Chief Mark Becker said Wednesday.
CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports its another case of mistaken identity, with no one in custody.
Police say the wrong man was killed in a retaliation shooting in East Chicago over the weekend.
A 25-year-old Indiana man was killed and his toddler son wounded Saturday night on an Indiana Harbor street, police said.
Demolition of a bridge that connects Hammond and East Chicago in northwest Indiana is scheduled to begin next week.
Indiana transit police have identified a suspect accused of stabbing a man outside the South Shore train station in East Chicago.
Police are looking for the attacker who slashed a man’s throat Monday night at the South Shore Line train station in East Chicago, Ind.
A former Merrillville Town Court clerk has pleaded guilty to federal charges of stealing bond money from the court and filing a false tax return.
Federal indictments rained down Thursday on three Lake County elected officials, a former Merrillville Town Court clerk, the former director of the East Chicago Public Library and a Munster businessman.
A man was shot and critically wounded Wednesday night in the East Chicago neighborhood on the Southeast Side.
A northwest Indiana man faces a maximum 40-year sentence after he admitted that he killed his 2-month-old daughter because she wouldn’t stop crying when he wanted to smoke synthetic marijuana.
Two young cousins shot last week in a living room while playing video games in East Chicago, Ind. continue to recover from their wounds. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards talks with one of the girls.
Anti-violence demonstrators gathered Monday in the Northwest Indiana city where two girls were struck by bullets last week while playing a video game – a crime for which there are still no suspects.
A young East Chicago, Ind., girl is fighting for her life this Wednesday afternoon, after she and another young girl were both hit by bullets that flew through their window.
Lake Superior Court Judge Thomas Stefaniak Jr. imposed an 18-year sentence for aggravated battery and neglect of a dependent for an East Chicago woman who beat her 2-year-old child, causing a permanent, lifelong disability.
A masked gunman robbed an East Chicago bank branch Monday afternoon on the Far South Side.
Bitter cold has set in after the snowstorm Thursday, as people struggle to get around, clean up, and start their cars.
Commuters riding the South Shore between Northwest Indiana and downtown Chicago could be hit with a 5 percent fare increase as soon as next month.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!