If your email’s been down since Hurricane Sandy hit on Monday night, you might be waiting quite some time before it’s up and running again.
Some ComEd crews and others from the Chicago area have started heading east, ahead of Hurricane Sandy, to be in place to help with recovery once the storm makes landing next week.
A string of thunderstorms is causing major delays for air travelers heading to and from the east coast.
Hurricane Irene has stranded nearly 700,000 air travelers at airports across the country, and now, frustrated passengers – including many at O’Hare International Airport – must wait to be rebooked on flights.
The 5.9 magnitude earthquake that rattled the East Coast may have been felt here in Chicago.
Another monstrous snowstorm on the East Coast has delayed hundreds of flights at O’Hare International Airport.
With a monstrous snowstorm pounding the East Coast, it’s likely to be another day of cancelled and delayed flights at Chicago’s airports.
Airlines are clearing away some of the backlog after the massive storm in the East Coast. But not quickly enough for some passengers. Many still are stuck at O’Hare International Airport. CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Airline flight troubles to the East Coast continued to have a ripple effect in Chicago today.
Getting home from the holidays is on hold for hundreds of thousands of travelers. The massive blizzard that buried the East Coast has left people stranded at airports all over the country, including here in Chicago.
Some weary travelers are being forced to call O’Hare International Airport home for the holidays.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!