Eastern Conference Finals
The Celtics handled the Heat rather easily during the regular season going 3-1. The Heat won in the second game of the season while the Celtics took the latter three, but with one of those was a meaningless contest at the end of the season when playoff seeding had already been set.
Rajon Rondo helped his aging teammates keep their season going Saturday night, finishing with 18 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds in Game 7 against the 76ers to lead the Celtics to an 85-75 victory and into an Eastern Conference finals matchup with the Miami Heat.
The problem is the dichotomy between where Rose thinks the Bulls are, and where the team actually is.
A shoulder injury threatens more games for the 34-year-old, and the Bulls may be forced to make a trade before the March 15 deadline.
It’s a new year now, though, and Rose is just minutes away from giving the city of Chicago its first up-close look at the reigning MVP of the league.
For most fans, the pain of the Chicago Bulls losing to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals in May has long since subsided. But for Derrick Rose, getting over the 2010-11 season hasn’t been a quick process.
The Miami Heat won the series and plenty of TV viewers in the Eastern Conference finals.
Derrick Rose vowed to learn from this, to get better, and insisted the Chicago Bulls would come back hungrier after the Miami Heat knocked them out in the Eastern Conference finals.
In a must-win game, the Chicago Bulls had another late game scoring drought as they dropped Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals by a score of 83-80.
Not too long ago, former Oak Lawn Richards High School star Dwyane Wade received a nice welcoming when his Miami Heat made the trip to the United Center, but that’s no longer the case.
After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals, Bulls fans were ready to welcome either the Mavericks or the Thunder to the United Center for the NBA Finals. But panic seems to have risen among some of those same fans after the last three games.
Backs up against the wall, do or die and even win or go home. All the cliches apply tonight as the Bulls try and stave off elimination in their series against Miami.
The Eastern Conference finals took a dramatic turn for the Chicago Bulls following a 21-point rout of the Miami Heat in Game 1. Over their next three games, the Bulls would struggle in the second half and found themselves coming up short to the Heat.
After watching the Bulls do everything in their power to lose another game to the Heat in Game 4 of the conference Finals last night in Miami, Florida, the number nine–not three–is the number that popped into my head for the Bulls…not three.
In their biggest game of the season, the Chicago Bulls had a chance to end the game in regulation. And in that situation, there was only one person head coach Tom Thibodeau wanted taking that final shot.
So far this series, the Miami Heat’s Big 3 has really been the Big 2. LeBron James and Chris Bosh have had big games all series, but Chicago-native Dwyane Wade has struggled.
Without facing elimination, Game 4 was about as close to a must-win game for the Chicago Bulls as you can get. Trailing 2-1 in the series, the Bulls could either come home tied or facing elimination.
At the end of four quarters, the Chicago Bulls and the Miami Heat found themselves right where they started the game, all tied up.
Heading into Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals, Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau will be faced with some tough lineup decisions. The Bulls have a roster filled with players either talented offensively or defensively, but few who are both.
At their most critical point of the season, the Chicago Bulls are faced with some distractions.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!