With more than 50 wins for the New York Knicks and more than 27 points per game for himself, the numbers back Melo up. The Knicks won a division title, and Anthony will add the scoring title after the regular season ends Wednesday.
Boozer had a double-double in all four games last week — including wins against the Celtics, Hawks and Raptors — including 19 points and 20 rebounds against Boston on Friday.
It’s not easy to watch a team in the process of waiting.
LeBron James scored 34 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, Dwyane Wade scored 23 and the Miami Heat pulled off the biggest playoff comeback in franchise history to beat the Boston Celtics 115-111 in overtime on Wednesday night.
The first round of the NBA Playoffs has come to a close for the Eastern Conference, and the teams vying to make it into the conference finals are ready for battle. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference semifinal matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
The opening game of a potential prime-time matchup between the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals could get bumped a day due to another “prime-time” event.
The Atlanta Hawks took heart from the way they played in the first two games at Chicago. And they’re taking note of what’s happening in the rest of the NBA playoffs.
The Bulls last night showed everyone why they had the best regular-season record in the NBA, as they dispatched the pesky Indiana Pacers in a dominating Game Five.
In his first year as an NBA head coach, Tom Thibodeau led the Chicago Bulls to a league-best 62 wins and the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Chicago Bulls and the Miami Heat are top two seeds in the Eastern Conference, and if the seeding holds up over the first two rounds, they’ll meet each other in the Eastern Conference Finals.
We all knew that the Chicago Bulls were going to be a pretty good team when the season began back in late October.
The Chicago Bulls’ Tom Thibodeau has been named the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month, for games played in April.
The Bulls secured the top spot in the Eastern Conference awhile back and after winning their ninth straight game have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs.
The complete schedules for the first round of the NBA Playoffs won’t be released until Wednesday night, but the Chicago Bulls have announced that their opening game will take place on Saturday (4/16) at 12 noon (CST).
The Chicago Bulls defeated the New York Knicks on Tuesday night to bring their regular season record to 61-20.
If there is one thing I hate about the playoffs–be it the NBA, NFL, or NHL–it is when a team with a losing record makes it in, while a team from the opposite conference–with a winning record–has to stay home.
The Chicago Bulls have had a great season so far, they’ve reached the 60-win mark, clinched the Eastern Conference’s No. 1 seed and have the frontrunner for the league’s MVP award.
Not only did the Bulls all but wrap up the top seed in the Eastern Conference by dominating the Celtics on Thursday night, they let Boston know that they aren’t intimidated and won’t be pushed around by the bullies of the East.
The Chicago Bulls outplayed the Boston Celtics and walked away with a 16-point win on Thursday night, but that’s all it was for this Bulls team, a single win.
Derrick Rose is just a few games away from officially leading the Chicago Bulls to the best record in the Eastern Conference. And according to one NBA superstar, the MVP race can officially end and Rose can take his trophy.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!