No doubt, you’ve heard of the mid-life crisis. It affects people in their 40s and 50s. But did you know there’s a quarter-life crisis, too? It’s hitting the youngest adults.
Skokie Democrat Jan Schakowsky says the lower unemployment figures are welcome as far as they go, which isn’t quite far enough.
A University of Chicago economist says sequestration might help a bit, certainly will not hurt nearly as badly as the administration is warning, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker shows you 10 local jobs for which the demand to fill is greater than the supply of applicants. She’ll tell you what you need to get hired.
CHICAGO (CBS) – There is new evidence that the job market strengthened last year. A Chicago research firm reports that job cutting in 2012 plunged to its lowest level in 15 years. Outplacement firm Challenger […]
Employers hired 146,000 workers last month, nearly twice as many as analysts expected, dropping the jobless rate to 7.7 percent. CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
There may be fewer employees around to enjoy it, but more companies are holding holiday parties this year, according to a new survey.
Obama is hoping to promote the discussion of the Bush tax cut extensions by getting people hooked on the topic and by getting them to use the #My2K hashtag on Twitter.
Most Americans who traveled during this Thanksgiving holiday came face to face with an American reality: while there is much to be thankful for, our infrastructure is not one of those things.
After all the hype regarding Walmart employees’ discontent with their employer and the threat of a strike on Black Friday, the long holiday weekend was saw banner sales and virtually no protest at Walmarts.
Grover is the ultimate in single interest constituencies in Washington. He is not accountable to anybody. He does not disclose who funds him, who pays him to do what he does or how much he is paid to blackmail GOP Members of Congress to sign his pledge not to raise taxes.
If Republicans, as a political party, continue this hostility toward science then they do not understand the driving force that science and innovation play in our economy. It also is another proof point in the case that Democrats made about Republican math not adding up.
There is a new breed of truthers on the right. Joining the paranoid ranks of the advocates of a government role in 9-11 and the birthers fascination with President Obama’s birth certificate are conservatives that believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is making up jobs numbers to benefit President Obama.
In no time, conservatives will be trying to hold back the smirks as these liberals slowly but surely realize what they’ve done to our country.
President Barack Obama was on his way back to Washington, D.C., on Wednesday afternoon, for the first time since his stunning Election Day victory earned him four more years in office.
Today, Republicans feel a combination of confusion, disbelief, and anger as to how a slim majority of Americans can possibly want four more years of the Obama administration in the White House. To many, it seems inconceivable that people want to take a chance on more of the same.
After two years and more than two billion dollars spent, President Obama was returned to Washington with a clear mandate on the economy and the direction of the country.
On Friday, President Barack Obama told his supporters at a campaign rally – inside a public high school, no less – to vote for revenge!
Consider the economy, the job market, the recent horrendous occurrences in the Middle East before voting for a person because of his race, his social-issue promises, or any other rather selfish reasons.
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!