Chicago Ald. Ed Burke has proposed a citywide ban of energy drinks, citing potential health risks with the highly caffeinated beverages.
Call off the Clash of the Titans. Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel and a potential enemy, powerful Ald. Ed Burke, had a private meeting and called a truce as the city budget continues to gush red ink.
Walter Jacobson says all the hubbub with Rahm Emanuel and whether he’ll be on the ballot is actually good for Chicago.
Athletes playing for Chicago schools who show signs of a concussion will be prohibited from practicing or playing until they are given the OK by a medical professional, under a new ordinance passed by the City Council on Thursday.
Two top Chicago aldermen have proposed a ban on the sale of alcoholic energy drinks that have come under intense scrutiny lately after nine college students in Washington State were hospitalized after drinking them at an off-campus party.
Controversial ideas including reducing the size of firefighter crews on rigs.
Ald. Edward Burke (14th) will not be a candidate for mayor in 2011.
No fewer than six possible candidates for mayor attended the Columbus Day Parade on Monday. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!